Chapter 6: Ben

Ashlinn didn't get much sleep that night. Her shoulder was at her and her mind was racing. Everything from the apocalypse to Five and more. It was hard to sleep so by the time the sun was up and shining in her eyes, she just decided to get out of bed. She got changed and she left her room. She passes Five's room which was open. She takes a peek in and she sees him stitching up a cut on his arm.

"You could've asked me to help you with that." Ashlinn walks into the room as he puts the needle down and he shrugs. He puts a band-aid on his cut.

"If I needed help, I would've asked." He says as he puts his shirt on.

"You're a stubborn one," Ashlinn comments as Five finishes getting his outfit on. He picks up a bag and walks over to the window.

"You have no idea." He opens the window and begins to climb out, but he stops when he sees that Ashlinn wasn't following him.

"Come on." He motions outside and she shakes her head as she follows him. She has learned to stop questioning him. They heard clattering below them as they climbed down the stairs.

"Damn it, where's Dad's stuff?" Ashlinn looks down to see Klaus digging through the dumpster. There was a pause before Klaus yells at Ben to shut up.

"I'm tryna find whatever priceless crap was in that priceless box so that Pogo will get off my ass!" Klaus yells at Ben as Five and Ashlinn climb down the ladder.

"I'd ask what you're doing Klaus but then it occurred to me," Five pauses as he looks at him. Ashlinn steps off the ladder. "I don't care."

"Was that Ben you were talking to? Is he here?" Ashlinn walks closer to the dumpster with a big smile. Klaus points above him.

"He's sitting up there complaining as always." Klaus glares at Ben who looks at Ashlinn

"Hey, Ben." She waves at where Klaus pointed.

"He says 'hi' back," Klaus says as he continues searching.

"God, you're a sap!" Klaus suddenly exclaims.

"Fine, I'll tell her. Ben said he misses you." Klaus rolls his eyes and Ashlinn smiles again.

"I miss you too."

"You know," Klaus pops his head out of the dumpster and he looks at Five and Ashlinn. "There are easier ways out of the house, guys."

"This one involved the least amount of talking." Five walks up to Ashlinn and he takes her hand and begins to drag her away. "Or so I thought."

"Hey, hey, hey, so," Klaus stops them. "You need any more company today? I could clear my schedule." Klaus asks before taking a sip from his flask.

"You look like you've got your hands full." Five says, his hand still holding Ashlinn's.

"Oh, this? No, no, no. I can do this whenever-" He falls back into the dumpster. "I just misplaced something, that's all."

Five and Ashlinn look at the dumpster wearily before Klaus pops up again.

"Oh! Found it thank god." He emerges with a half-eaten bagel. He takes a bite from it and Ashlinn cringes. "Delicious."

"I'm done funding your drug habit, plus, I have company." He holds up Ashlinn's hand which he was still holding before walking away.

"Come on. Maybe I just wanna hang out with my brother. And my best friend." Klaus calls out and Ben was about to speak up, but he dismisses him. "Mi Hermano!"

Five and Ashlinn run to a van as Klaus keeps yelling something about loving yourself. Five sits in the driver's seat and Ashlinn in the passenger seat. Five starts up the engine and he drives off.