|13| Homophobia, a vibe Killer

Start from the beginning

Yeonjun licked his lips, looking over to his attorney to seek his permission to speak.

Being granted the permission, Yeonjun looked back at Taehyung. "Yeah, I thought I must have had left it at home."

"So you're telling me, you had no idea the whereabouts of your gear?" Taehyung asked, his eyebrows scrunching together.

"Y-Yeah... Detective why have you detained me? I don't get it why Park Su-" Yeonjun paused, as Taehyung handed over the papers.

"These are the photos our forensic department collected this afternoon. This was found in the farthest corner of the school yard." Taehyung cut off monotonously.

Yeonjun's eyes widened slightly and JeongSu simply grabbed the papers away from Yeonjun's hands.

"These don't prove anything, it is a world-famous brand and over thousand students who play baseball have this same bat" JeongSu scoffed, scattering the bloodied baseball-bat pictures on the table.

Taehyung smirked "I thought you'd say that- you see, I've recovered older pictures and if this is infact Choi Yeonjun's baseball bat, it must have a small depression into the wood near the top handle and oh-" Taehyung paused, fishing another photograph from the file "-look, here it is"

"Didn't you say this was your lucky baseball bat because of that, hm?" Taehyung cocked his head to the side, looking at the younger male.

"The weapon used to kill Choi Soobin is your baseball bat and it carries your fingerprints-"

"Yes it is my baseball bat but I didn't kill Soobin!" Yeonjun cried out from frustration, JeongSu's attempts of calming the boy, going all in vain.

"Why not? You have the motive- he took over your spot in the team. Your rivalry grew over the year and maybe you couldn't take it anymore?" Jungkook piped in, a little cheerful as he folded his fingers.

"I told you- yes I hated him, but I never wished him to die, let alone kill him!" Yeonjun slammed his palms on the table.

"Mm but your classmates say otherwise, you had once put an open threat to kill him before-" Taehyung leaned back into his chair.

"That was long ago- and it was because he said-" Yeonjun paused, biting back his words.

"That's enough Yeonjun" JeongSu cut in, his tone threatening.

"You're interrupting our investigation Mr.Park" Taehyung deadpanned.

"And you're harassing my client, Detective Kim" the attorney retorted.

Taehyung scoffed, his tongue pushing the inside of his cheek- making him seem more cocky than his usual self.

Park JeongSu.... was a fucking pain in the ass.

For as long as Taehgung knew the male, he could only recall how the man backed up criminals for money in disguise of 'justice'

If anything, Taehyung hated the man.

"Fair enough" Taehyung paused, his fingers tapping on the table. He drawled his fingers back, and looked up "But can your client account to where he was last night?"

"Like he has already told you, he was at home-" JeongSu replied boldly.

"Oh?" Taehyung asked, his tone- mocking. "Well you see... while I was over at the Choi's, everyone gave me the same answer saying that Choi Yeonjun was in his room... but then why did the convenience store camera's catch his frame passing by at 11pm?"

Yeonjun's eyes widened, gulping slightly.

Jungkook bit back his grin, anticipation and excitement racking through him.