Chapter Fifty-Four

Taking a deep breath in, I exhaled and stared out into the horizon. Nikki knew how much I loved the beach and because of my leg, I wasn't able to walk on it without severely hurting myself. So the man decided to take me right into the city and to the waterfront, which showed off the bay. It was stunning too, especially since today was a beautiful day. Barely any clouds in the sky and the sun was beating down, it was lovely.

Hearing footsteps, I looked over to see Nikki wandering over to me holding onto two drinks. As soon as Nikki's eyes met mine, he couldn't hold back a smile. He'd been smiling ever since I got in the car with him this morning, it was nice don't get me wrong, it was just different. Things never went well for us, so this was a change.

"A tropical juice for you, beautiful." Nikki placed the glass down in front of me before he actually leaned down and gave me a kiss. It was only brief and I didn't mind it whatsoever. "And a damn good coffee for me." He sighs, taking a seat across from me. "Breakfast should be done soon and they will bring it out to us." He adds, his beautiful green eyes unable to leave me.

"No worries, thanks Nik." I nodded, my eyes scoping the bay yet again. The ocean was a beautiful blue and was almost clear, which you didn't see too often. Especially not in the bay area!

"Sue, where do you prefer to live?" Nikki asked out of the blue. "Here in Australia or over in Cali?"

Turning my attention back to Nikki, I shrugged my shoulders. I liked both places, Australia because it was my home country and I really did feel at home and safe and secure. But I also enjoyed living in Los Angeles, just because it was nothing like a city in Australia. If Los Angeles could magically merge with Sydney, I'd be a happy girl.

"I like both, Nikki. Australia is a my home, it always will be. But I do like it over in LA as well." I answered honestly. "How about you?"

"LA is my home." Nikki answered easily. "But I'd live anywhere, just to be with you." He added, a small smile etching at his lips.

"Nikki," I paused, my lips forming into a smile. "There is no need for that."

"For what?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"You know what." I laugh. "I don't need you sucking up to me."

"But that's the thing Sue, I'm not sucking up to you." Nikki replied at which I just looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Alright, maybe I am sucking up to you a little bit. But Sue, that's not the point."

"What's your point, Nik?" I lean in and grab the straw that was in my tropical juice, taking a decent mouthful and swallowed. Yeah, that's a nice change. Very refreshing too.

"My point is, I love you. I'd live anywhere just to be with you and I hope you would do the same with me." He sips his coffee.

I wasn't sure how I should reply to that. I mean, I loved this man more than I should, I would go everywhere with him! I just didn't want to admit it. Not now at least. There were too many factors that could come into play and cause drama between us. The last thing I needed to admit was that and in two days time find out Nikki has slept with someone else.

So all I did was nod my head and turn my attention back to the bay. Nikki wasn't very fond of me doing that, I could tell by seeing him in my peripheral vision.

"You're scared, aren't you?" Nikki asked.

"Scared of what?" I question, continuing to keep my eyes off of him.

"You are scared of being with me, scared of letting yourself open back up to me, scared of openly loving me." Was Nikki's reply.

"I have every reason to be." Was all I could answer at this point. Yes, I was scared. I was scared of really getting back into this relationship for it just to go down hill.