Chapter Forty-Two

Tommy had walked out that day and as for I? I couldn't just sit there in my office and watch him go. My heart hurt too much just to let him walk away. I knew we were a train wreck together and quite frankly, I was sure he even knew that as well. But still, he couldn't seem to accept the fact that we wouldn't work out. Our hearts weren't in the same place, as much as I did love Tommy, we weren't on the same wave length. Not at all. And as for Nikki? I still hadn't seen him since that night. I didn't know where he was, nor did I really go looking for him.

"So I see the chat didn't go as planned." Hunter murmured as we stood at the bar.

"As per usual, no." I shook my head. "Hunter, he told me he loved me." I turn my head to look him in the eyes. "And I couldn't just let him walk away, when I probably should of. I was hurting and well, I couldn't stand seeing him leave. I know, I'm in a very fucked up situation."

"You're telling me." Hunter did a slight sarcastic laugh.

"It's not funny Hunt. This shit hurts, it's getting too real." I frowned.

"I know, I'm sorry." He returned watching the red-head come over with the drinks. "So you obviously haven't seen Nik?"

"No." I shook my head. "I wouldn't even know where to start if I did go looking for him."

"I'm surprised you ain't searching the streets for him. I thought he was the love of your life." Hunter gave the waitress a small nod as she handed him a little dish to carry all of the drinks on.

"I figured he will show up eventually. If not, well I'll try and comprehend it when it happens." I mumbled.

"You don't sound very confident." Hunter turned around with the drinks in hand. I on the other hand grabbed the remaining drinks. Vince and Mick had both succeeded in chatting up a couple of ladies, so the table was a little more full this time.

"Ah, yeah. Can't say I really am." I cringe at the thought. I didn't really want to face Nikki, but at the same time I did. I wanted to know his problem and of course, where he had come across the "rumour".

Noticing Angry walk through the doors of the pub, I sighed and looked away before noticing who was trailing behind him. "So, you on talking terms with Angry yet?"

"No." I shook my head. "I haven't properly spoken to him since our father/daughter talk." I followed him over to our table. Vince was of course, making out with his chick of the night and Mick? He was glaring at the wall, seeming to be ignoring his chick.

"Jesus Sue. Maybe you ought to talk to him sometime. I get you're pissed, but he is your old man." Hunter answers as we got to the table.

"Whose old man?" Tommy chuckled, obviously laughing at something Jimmy had said.

"Hunter is talking about Angry and I." I answered, taking a seat beside Tommy.

"Oh yeah?" Tommy cocked an eyebrow, his attention flickering over to Hunter. He was pretty happy this evening, I guess it was because I was beside him and well, he was able to have his arm around me.

"Yeah, just said I reckon she and her old man ought to talk out their shit." Hunter passed around the drinks before wandering back to the bar with the dish.

Tommy nodded his head and gave me a sweet smile. "I think you should as well."

"I will." I rolled my eyes. "Eventually."

"Angry is here, so why not take the chance?" Tommy hinted, his hand resting on my thigh.

"I'm not quite ready to talk about that to him Tom." I shook my head.