Chapter Twenty-Seven

'If you see me walkin' down the street, better get out my way
I'm a real king hitter, always have my say,'

"Why don't you do a cover of this?" I asked, standing with my back towards the driveway. Angry was fiddling around with his Harley, he had unscrewed his leather seat.

"Of this song?" Angry looked up at me, a look of surprise casted on his face.

'If you're lookin' for a heavy time, best you don't come around
Or else you'll get your heavy, six feet of solid ground,'

"Yeah, I reckon you lot would make a great cover. It has the same sort of sound you all love and well, if it doesn't, you can always tweak it." I took a seat on the ground, watching him.

Angry nodded his head before gazing down at the bike once again. "Might have to mention it to the boys." Angry replies.

'I don't like trouble, but if trouble's the name of the game
You know where you can find me boy
Everybody knows my name
I'm the black eye, black eye, black eyed bruiser.'

"Up to you, just thought it would make a good cover." I noted, running my hands through my hair.

"What cover?" Tommy questioned, walking through the gate with a bright smile.

"I told Dad his band would make a good cover of this song." I answered.

Tommy looked from me to Angry, his smile turning into a toothy grin as he nodded. "I agree. You dudes would make a rad version." Tommy rounded the bike and took a seat down beside him, his arm wrapping around my shoulder.

'I used to be a peaceful man, of flowers and love
I believed in my soul and the good lord above,'

"How are you, beautiful?" Tommy asked, leaning in and kissing my cheek.

'But I was forced to change my tune
By candles and grace, and the kicks in my face
There ain't no peace in this world that's a fact,'

"I'm okay, how about you Tom?" I replied, taking my eyes from Angry and to Tommy beside me.

"I'm better now." He gave me a wink, leaning in and kissing my cheek once again.

'There ain't no peace in this world that's a fact,
Take a good look around,'

"Come on you two, don't be getting frisky." Angry chuckled, his eyes landing on us on the ground. That was before we heard a roar of a car and his eyes darted from us

"Seriously dude? You know me, never." Tommy chuckled.

Angry's eyes flickered back to us for a split second, a slight laugh escaping his lips. "I call bullshit." His eyes immediately flickered back to yonder Tommy and I, making me look over my shoulder.

'So I'm gonna stand here and fight, ain't nobody putting me down
I'm the black eye, black eye, black eyed bruiser,'

"He's got fucking balls to even pass this place. Let alone to come into the fucking driveway." Angry sounded kind if calm, but there was definitely an anger building up behind the scene.

'All I want is a little bit of understanding
Don't wanna be the man I am,'

Staring up at the driveway, I saw the black commodore parked at the end of the driveway. Inside through the slightly tinted windows sat Nikki, staring down at us in the garage.

I shook my head and looked away, to see that both Tommy and Angry were still watching him.

'All I need is a little bit of lovin' care now
Don't wanna be a hated man,'