Chapter Thirty-One

Eyes dry, head aching, it was safe to say I felt like shit. Leaving my bedroom, where Tommy laid asleep, I tried to wrap my head around what happened yesterday. I remembered when Nikki appeared and got into the car with me, I remember our small talk as I cried, but after that everything was blank. I didn't even remember driving home, let alone getting into bed. Before deciding to head outside, I went to the toilet and of course after, washed my hands and face first.

Opening the locked back door, I spotted Mick sitting at the table having a smoke. He was alone and he was staring ahead in a daze. He must have locked himself out, maybe? I didn't know.

Mick hearing the door click shut, looked up and over his shoulder he gave me a small smile. "Hey Sue, how you doing?" His eyes never left me as I decided to take the seat right beside him.

"You know, not feeling the best." I shrugged. "You lock yourself out?"

"Yeah. About that-" Mick paused, already chuckling. "Woke up probably about two hours ago to get up and take a piss. Vince was in there taking a dump. I couldn't wait so I came outside and well, I locked myself out. Lucky I had these on me." Mick picked up the packet of cigarettes and grinned.

"Why didn't you just knock? I'm sure someone would have heard and unlocked it for you." I furrowed my eyes.

"I wasn't bothered, Sue. It was already daylight and I figured I might as well have a few smokes before someone comes out and sees me. And I was right." I placed the cigarette packet back down onto the table.

"Alright." I nodded, not bothering to answer or ask him any more about it.

"I heard about yesterday, how you holding up?" Mick started, his voice wasn't as confident as it was before.

"Yeah well, I'm fucking pissed. Put it that way." I gave him a crooked smile.

"Angry said you didn't take it very good, figured that out when you took off." Mick's fingers tapped against the table.

"Anyone in their right mind wouldn't fucking be pleased over it Mick. You should be able to see where I come from." I glared ahead.

"So you going to talk to Angry about it? You can't go on hating him forever." Mick didn't hold any specific expressions, in fact I could barely read what he was thinking.

I let out a sigh and shook my head. "No, don't plan to."

"Come on Sue, now that's a bit harsh." Mick sent me a disappointed expression. "He's your father, it's not like he's a friend. He's family."

"Family or not. How can you hate your own fucking daughter?" I snapped, which made Mick jump, not expecting it.

"He doesn't hate you." Mick shook his head in disagreement.

"Wanna bet?" I raised an eyebrow. "You wouldn't know shit about what he said, I guarantee it."

Mick sighed and nodded his head. "I s'pose your right, I don't know what really went down."

"Exactly." I nodded, allowing the silence creep in.

Mick didn't say a word, he continued on smoking his cigarette, while I tried to interpret what happened yesterday. I couldn't figure out how I even got home, I had no recollection of driving whatsoever. None.