Chapter Thirty-Seven

Sitting in Nikki's commodore as we sat at the top of Angry's driveway, I stared down to see Angry in the garage with Doc sitting by his side. With a sigh, I opened the car door and got out as Nikki shut off the engine. I didn't want to face Angry, nor Doc at this moment of time. Walking down the driveway, I headed towards the front door.

"What? Not going to greet your uncle Doc?" Doc commented, which had me internally screaming. I loved Doc, but right now, I didn't want to talk to anyone. I just wanted to grab some of my stuff and go.

Biting my lip, I looked over my shoulder and forced a smile onto my face. "Hi Doc." I murmured.

"That's better." He chuckled, taking a mouthful of his beer.

Opening the front door, I quickly walked inside and headed straight for my room. Grabbing a small bag, I opened up my cupboard and grabbed a fresh pair of lacy underwear, a bra, my pajamas and some clothes for tomorrow. Shutting my cupboard, on the way out, I grabbed my roll-on deodorant and a bottle of perfume.

Hearing to the bathroom, I snatched my toothbrush, toothpaste and a hair brush. That was it. That was all I needed for the night. Well not really. With how I was feeling, I knew I wanted a little extra something to calm my nerves.

Heading back into my room, I grabbed the small bag that Hunter had given me and threw it into my other bag. I was set. Literally. With my bag set and ready, I headed out of the house and walked out into the garage. Angry and Doc were still sat there and Nikki was stood in front of them, awkwardly.

"You're not leaving like you did last time?" Angry's hoarse voice rung in my ears.

Turning my attention to Angry, I shook my head. "I'm not going anywhere, yet."

"Alright." He nodded, turning his attention back to Nikki.

"Take care of her, clear?" Angry raised an eyebrow at Nikki.

"Crystal." Nikki nodded.

"Go on, have a good night." Angry dismissed the pair of us as he lit up a cigarette.

Heading back up the driveway, I followed Nikki to his car and got in. Placing the bag down by my feet, I strapped on my seatbelt and stared ahead. My mind was ticking of various thoughts, I was thinking that much I couldn't say I recalled the drive to where Nikki was staying. Not one bit.

Exiting the car with Nikki, I hung my bag over my shoulder and followed closely behind Nikki as we entered the lobby. The place looked to be 5 star, it was fancy, that's for sure. But with it being Nikki, it didn't exactly surprise me. He always liked expensive stuff. Stopping at the elevator, Nikki pressed the button as we waited.

"Sue, are you okay?" Nikki brushed his hand against my own hand.

"Yeah." I nodded, giving him half a smile.

The elevator made a 'ding' sound and in seconds, the doors opened revealing an empty elevator. Walking in with Nikki by my side, I decided to stand in the back left corner of the lift. Keeping my mouth shut and more so keeping to myself. As much as it seemed to please Nikki that I was here with him, it looked to be driving him crazy when I wasn't paying any attention to him.

"You're gonna like the view Sue, my ensuite over-looks the entire city and the harbour." Nikki softly smiled.

"You couldn't have chosen a fancier place, could you?" I commented, which had Nikki smiling again.

"I can't help it Sue, I do enjoy the luxury life." His eyes flickered to the elevator closing as he pushed his floor level. It was the top floor. Surprise, surprise.