Chapter Fifty-Sixx

With almost half the bottle down the hatch, without alcohol - as Tommy was freaking out if I was pregnant. I slowly made my way to the toilet with Tommy hot on my heels. Axl continued to stay in the lounge room and as Carrie had finished, he intended on putting on another movie.

"So you've obviously used one of these before, right?" Tommy asked as I backed into the toilet and struggled to undo my pants.

"Well yeah, remember when you and Nikki were convinced I was pregnant last time?" I huffed, finally lowering down onto the toilet, feeling ready just to let go.

Tommy's eyes focussed on me and he nods his head. "I guess we have had a few scares over the years with you, huh?"

My eyebrows knitted together in a frown and pursed my lips together. "And how have they been scares to you? This isn't a scare because I know I'm not pregnant."

Tommy didn't respond, he just opened the box, pulled out one of the tests and opened the wrapper before handing it to me.

Taking the test from his grip, I pulled the lid off the end and held it between my legs, just under me. Tommy continued to stand there and simply stare at me, which drove me crazy.

"Do you mind?"

Tommy stares at me for a second longer before he sighed and turned around, continuing to stand in the toilet with me.

"So what are we gonna do if it's positive?" Asked Tommy.

While peeing on the stick, I stared down at my knees. "I don't know, Tom. What are we gonna do?"

"Would you wanna be with me?" Tommy rests his hands into the back pockets of his jeans.

"I guess that would be something we would have to discuss if this came back positive." I pulled the test out, placed the lid onto it and dropped it onto the ground.

"Do you want a baby, Sue?" Was his next question.

"Maybe one day." I say while I wiped and attempted to stand up.

"So you do, just not with me." Tommy turned back around and helped me stand as I got my undies and pants back up.

"I didn't say that." I stared into Tommy's deep brown eyes.

"You were thinking it." Tommy snorts, kneeling down and picking up the pregnancy test.

"Tommy, are you a mind reader? Can you actually read minds? I don't think so." I snapped. "Don't try and put words into my mouth and don't even try to tell me what I'm thinking."

Tommy didn't look at me, he just looked at the pregnancy test in his hand. "I'm sorry, Sue. I'm just kind of freaking out."

"You don't need to freak out, because I can promise you, I'm not pregnant."

"I'll be the judge of that." He wriggled the test in hand.

"Can we leave the toilet now, or are we gonna stand here and wait for the test to determine my HcG levels?" I leaned on my crutches and reach back to push the button to flush the toilet.

"Is that like a drug or something?" Tommy backed out of the toilet, allowing me to exit.

I couldn't help but laugh. "No! It's a hormone. That's what those tests test, to see if there is any of that hormone in your pee. It's generally known as the pregnancy hormone. Did you learn anything at school, Tom?"

"Of course!" Tommy says in a confident tone.

"Like what?" I watched him with half a smile.

"That all the shit I learnt in school was exactly that, just shit. When has anyone had to use fucking trigonometry for something? Never. But how to make a battery out of a potato, that's fucking cool." Tommy had that same toothy smile plastered across his face.