Chapter Twenty-Three

I cringed as I sat back on the lounge, my back was extremely sore, all around the area that Nikki had hit me. It was bruised, deep dark blue and purple markings surrounding the area. It sure had been quite a hard punch. To think he was aiming for Tommy, if it would have collided with him, I might have actually killed Nikki.

"Sue, maybe you should get that looked at. You might have something broken." Vince suggests, he had been watching me sit down from the doorway of the hallway.

"No, no. It's fine." I shook my head, feeling everything ease once I was sat back.

"Sue, you really should. Just to make sure that everything is okay." Vince slowly walked over towards me, taking a seat on the lounge beside me.

"No, it's okay." I again shook my head.

"Alright, but don't tell me I never told you." Vince held his hands up in defence for a moment, before his eyes scanned my hand. "You still wear it, huh?" Vince noted spotting the ring on my finger. The one Nikki had given me, quite some time ago. After quite of a lot of drama that is, that of course, involved Brandi. Who else?

I looked down at the ring and sighed, nodding my head. I hadn't taken it off, not since the tour at least. But I was starting to think it would be a good idea to.

"I'm surprised he hasn't noticed it yet. Considering you're wearing what he gave you and you aren't wearing an engagement ring." Vince sounded surprised. "The first thing I'd notice would be if they were wearing an engagement ring. Than you know 100% that it is legitimate."

"Yeah well, he hasn't seemed to notice. Not that I care, I just wished he would go away. I'm trying to forget about him Vince, trying to flush my feelings for him. But they won't go away, no matter how hard I try." I fiddled with the ring in my finger, turning it around.

"It would be better if he did. Fuck knows why he already hasn't, I would've thought your punch would of been enough to give him the idea that he's not welcome. But it is Nik who we are talking about, he's stubborn and won't stop until he gets what he fucking wants." Vince crossed his arms over his chest, staring blankly ahead. "You told Angry yet?"

"Nah. I don't need shit coming from him as well. My back is sore, and well I'm kind of preoccupied. The last thing I want is for him to go off his tree." I slowly turn to face Vince, cringing as the pain grew worse.

"Sue, please just go the hospital or something. You're clearly in pain." Vince begged, his blue eyes staring into mine.

"No." I shook my head. "I'll be fine, just need some panadol, rest and grog."

Vince chuckled as he shook his head. "You're starting to turn into a pisshead, Sue."

"I am not." I grinned, playfully shoving Vince's shoulder. "I just don't give two hoots anymore. I enjoy drinking and well, I enjoy smoking a joint too."

"We've been such a bad influence on you, haven't we?" Vince reached over and slung his arm over my shoulder.

"To be fair, I started this all once I returned to Australia. So therefore, I don't think this has anything to do with you three." I watched as Vince chuckled again, shaking his head.

"You make it sound like we are the good influence."

"Oh well, if you say it like that. You guys sure aren't a good influence. You's add to my habits." I gave him a wink, hearing a door slam shut to see Angry saunter in.

"Show me." Angry hissed, his eyes directed to me.

"What? What's going on?" I asked in confusion. Why was he mad? I didn't do anything, nor did I take anything.