Chapter Fifty-Seven

Trying to keep a secret within a bunch of guys was pointless. Within the hour of returning back to the house, both bands and Angry were aware of the bombshell that had struck. Sue, you're pregnant? I'm going to be an uncle? Tom got your knocked up, wicked. They were the types of questions and responses I had been facing for the past half an hour.

"How are you doing, Sue?" Duff's voice drew amongst the others.

Turning my head, I stared up at the tall blonde who smiled reassuring down at me. "I'm not real good." I answered. "How are you?"

"Yeah, I'm not bad. A little worried about you, though." Duff knelt down by the wooden table and beside me. There was not enough chairs at the table to have everyone sitting down, but Duff didn't appear bothered by it.

"Worried about me?" I forced out a laugh. I felt tired after spending at least an hour and a half crying about the news, still not understanding how I could be pregnant when I didn't have any symptoms. "You shouldn't be worried about me."

"I can't help it, Sue. I care about you, so seeing you lookin' like this, I am a little concerned. What's going through your head right now?" Duff placed his hand onto my forearm.

"What isn't going through my head?" I forced out another laugh, feeling the tears threatening to fill my eyes. I was so overwhelmed by it all, it wasn't funny, I was struggling to cope. "Duff, I can't be pregnant, I haven't had any symptoms and I don't feel any different." I lowered my voice, so that no one would be able to hear me.

"Sue, sometimes that happens. I mean, it's not real common, but it does happen." Duff replies, seeming to want to try and make me feel better, but he wasn't. "How many pregnancy tests did you use?"

"Three and they were all big fat positives." I leaned further back into my chair, my shoulders slumped.

"I would have suggested they were faulty, but three... that's a little rare." Duff scratches his chin, his golden brown eyes staring at the tables surface as he tried to think. "You know the next step, Sue. Getting a blood test, that will confirm if you are or aren't pregnant."

I nodded. "For that I need to book a doctors appointment, get a referral to get a blood test done and then wait almost a week for the results." I let out a huge sigh. "We are in Australia, Duff. Nothing gets done in a rush."

Duff chuckled. "Makes sense, that's why everyone is so laid back."

"It has it's pros and cons." I agreed. "But that's not the point, I have to wait for about a week for the results."

"Well by then, Sue, you'll be adjusted to the idea of being pregnant and you might not be as overwhelmed and scared?" Duff offered me a sweet smile.

"Or I do get comfortable with the idea and for some reason, it comes back negative. Duff, either way it's a kick to the guts." I felt a shiver go up my spine at the thought of both results. I was scared of truly being pregnant and then I was scared that I would actually love the idea of being pregnant and then being let down by being told it's negative. I was conflicted.

"I know, Sue. But it's just something you've gotta face. If it's positive, then congratulations - you are blessed with a baby and to your luck, Tom is a good guy and I think he would make an even better father. You two will figure it out. As for if it's negative, take it as a life lesson. You don't want to get pregnant, use a condom or get on the pill. Also think of it as a second chance and that maybe you and Nik can try for a baby one day." Duff explains calmly.

Snapping my eyes on him, Duff let out a chuckle. "Sue, don't look at me like that. We all know that you will forever love Nik and would love to get married and have babies with him. You've been that way since I met you again at the start of the tour and I guarantee you'll still be like this a year from now." Duff gave my forearm another squeeze. "You are so in love with Nikki, that it's sickening... and something for any guy to envy."