Chapter Forty-Eight

"You are joking, right?" Axl was well beyond surprised. "You screwed Tommy fucking Lee." Axl's mouth was hung open. "And Nik hasn't tried to beat the shit outta Tom?" He was very speechless.

"I don't think so." I shook my head.

"Man, that's fucked. I only need to kiss you once and he wants to smash my face in." Axl furrowed his eyebrows.

"Don't ask me why." I shook my head. "Nikki, well you know what Nik is like. He is hot and cold. I guess cause Tom is his best friend-"

"But still! If it was me, I'd so fucking size him up and go for it. Best friend or not, he fucked his girl." Axl placed the can of beer onto the ground, it had been empty for several hours, due to us talking so much about everything. Besides, I couldn't be very hospitable, I only had one good leg.

"I dunno Ax. I don't even know what to do from here." I watch as my can rolled off of the side of the lounge.

"I don't even think I'm the right person to give you advice." Axl admitted. "I mean, what? 6 or so months ago, I was Tommy. So I don't have advice." He shook his head.

"That's a first." I teased. "Any other time you have an opinion over something."

"Fuck off." He chuckled. "This is new territory. I gotta tread carefully."

"Axl fucking Rose. What the fuck are you doing here?" Nikki's voice echoed from the front door. He had just walked in, wearing some nice fitting blue jeans and a black plain shirt. He was dressed quite bland for himself, but still, he looked good.

"Nikki fucking Sixx. I could ask you the same question." Axl slightly smirked. "But if you really wanna know, I'm here to steal your girl."

Nikki rolled his eyes and shook his head. "You ain't the only one, so get the fuck in line." Nikki approached me with a sweet smile, leaning down he gave me a tender kiss. "Hey baby."

"Hey Nik." I greet him.

Nikki stood up, his eyes dropping to the beer can on the floor in front of me. "Should you really be drinkin' with all those pills you are on?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I'll be fine." I rolled my eyes. "They are just pain killers."

Nikki just frowned, that was before he turned his attention to Axl. "Another?" He offered, clearly talking about the beer.

"Ah yeah, that would be great, man." Axl nodded.

Nikki strutted away and into the kitchen and that's when Axl took the opportunity to lean in close and speak in a quiet tone. "He seems different."

"What do you mean?" I turned my head to face Axl. I wasn't sure how Axl thought Nikki was different, I mean, I doubt he had changed.

"I mean, that ain't the Nik I remember from the tour." Axl furrowed his eyebrows.

"I guess that's a good thing?" I ask a little unsure.

"S'pose it is." Axl frowned, clearly bubbling over about Nikki. I could see he was thinking, it was like watching a clock tick.

Nikki returned seconds later with two beers in hand, one clearly for himself and one for Axl. Axl gave Nikki a nod and took the can from him. Nikki, instead of walking away, continued to stand there, looking down at the pair of us.

"You right, there?" I asked Nikki, not sure what he was doing.

Nikki's eyes flickered between Axl and I, even he seemed to be thinking long and hard. "Ah yeah, I'm good." Nikki shrugged, walking off without another word.