Chapter Thirty

I stared up at the ceiling of the car, the tears were only slowly rolling down my cheeks. I felt like shit, I felt annoyed, conflicted. I spent the rest of the day out and about, not around people, but wandering hopelessly. Driving around not really knowing where to go. I wanted to go to work, but I didn't want to have to talk to Dara and Hunter about it. I wanted to spend the day at the beach, but that seemed to be the most obvious place people would find me. I needed to cool off, to calm down. I was pissed off at Angry and at this rate, I didn't want to even be near him.

Getting out of the drivers seat, I crawled over and into the back seat. Bringing my legs to my chest, I rested my chin against my knees. Closing my eyes, I listened to the quiet hiccuping sounds of my chest, along with the sniffling. Had I really been hated by so many people, one of all being Angry? The others I wasn't too bothered by, but Angry hit me hard. He was my father, he was meant to be there, meant to love his kid, but it was the opposite.

Hearing the door to the car open and close, I slowly opened my eyes to see a figure get into the back seat with me. Wearing all black, which matched the long dark hair.

"Tommy?" I croaked, blinking a few times to try and clear away the tears.

The man slightly chuckled and shuffled against me, his arm wrapping around me. "You wish." Nikki whispered, holding me close.

"What's that suppose to mean?!" I sucked in a shaky breath and turned to look at Nikki. It definitely was him, no one had eyes like him, no one's eyes compared to his.

Nikki frowned, looking confused with my sudden outburst. Maybe he was joking, maybe he doesn't know.

I didn't really want him to know, as spiteful as I could be, I didn't really want Nikki to know about what was going on between Tommy and I. That was a dirty little secret I wasn't keen on him discovering.

"It didn't mean anything beautiful, I was joking." Nikki continued looking at me, a sigh escaping his lips.

"What are you doing here? Following me?" I rested my head against my knees again, closing my eyes as the tears fell once again.

"I came here for you and yeah, maybe I have been." Nikki replied, not in a sweet nor harsh tone. I was pretty sure he was still wrapping his head around me snapping at him.

"What do you want, Nikki?" I asked, feeling his hand gently rub my opposite shoulder to him, as if he was trying to soothe me.

"I don't want anything Sue. I'm here for you. I can't stand seeing you so upset." Nikki leaned closer and kissed my cheek.

"Oh right, because if you truly didn't like seeing me upset, you wouldn't have fucked me around so much." I sarcastically replied, I wasn't in a mood to be messed with.

"That's a little harsh. I'm here now and clearly those tears aren't because of me." Nikki continued.

"And how do you know that?" I snapped, raising my head and glaring at Nikki.

"Well, you would have kicked me out before I could even open the door. And, I just saw what state Angry was in, clearly it has nothing to do with me." Nikki answered as simply.

"What were you doing near him?" I asked sniffling.

"I went to see if he'd change his mind." Nikki whispered.

"You're a nutcase." I shook my head.

"Not really, I'm just persistent. I know what I want and I'm doing everything in my power to get it." Nikki clarified. "Now come on, put your legs down. You can't be comfortable like that."