Chapter Thirty-Four

"What do you mean?" Vince awkwardly laughed, trying to cover up from what he had said.

"Don't pull this shit, what are you on about with Tom?" Nikki crossed his arms over his chest.

"Oh Tom?" Vince nodded, looking away from Nikki and I. I was freaking out in my seat and Vince was trying to come up with an excuse to cover our tracks or should I say mine.

"I said Tommy loved Sue, we all do Nikki." Vince breathed in deeply.

"No, you said it would never go nowhere? What's that suppose to mean?" Nikki questioned. He looked mad, almost as if he had picked up on what Vince actually meant.

"Vince meant what Tom thinks about you and well... me." I lied, hoping it sounded believable.

"No, that's not what he said." Nikki's harsh glare flickered from me and back to Vince.

"Well it came out wrong. Nik, you know me. Why the fuck would I bullshit you?" Vince held his stare on Nikki, trying not to break away.

"I don't know, the lot of you turned your backs on me. And you know what, Tommy warned me about someone being in the way, so who the fuck is it?" Nikki slammed his fists down on the table, making me flinch and Vince looking ever so cautious at his small outburst.

"Nobody Nik." Vince sighed loudly this time.

"I swear to god, you better not be bullshitting." Nikki glared at Vince, that was before his dark green eyes returned back to me. If it was possible, his eyes look fiery.

"No, don't worry man. Nothing's going on, just the usual Tommy being Tommy. You know, you've really pissed him off." Vince shrugged Nikki off.

I looked away from Nikki and down at the toasted sandwich he bought me. Picking up the sandwich, I took a bite and kept silent. I was so scared at that point, Nikki almost found out. Whether he did or didn't know, I knew he now had some sort of suspicion.

"Sorry for getting our wires crossed Nikki, with the shit that's been going on back at Angry's, it's been messing with every one." Vince apologised, making me want to shove the other half of my toasted sandwich down his throat. At least if I did, it would shut him up from digging us a deeper grave.

"And what might that be?" Nikki replied, he didn't sound so harsh, instead he sounded distant as he stared at me.

"The shit with Sue and Angry. And well Tom thrashing out like he did, doesn't help." Vince leaned back in his seat.

Nikki never replied, instead he kept looking at me. I couldn't read his expression when I looked up to meet his gaze, but I also couldn't stand for him to look at me right now. I felt ashamed and scared that he almost found out about Tommy and I.

~

Nikki never pushed further about the conversation, instead, things seemed a little off when we all returned back to the jewellery store and of course, back to the mechanics. Out of generosity and not giving me a chance to say or have an opinion, Nikki paid for both the necklace repair and for the car. Something that had my mind ticking over. I was so damn scared. Scared to know what he was thinking, what thought kept repeating in his head. It had to of been something, especially when Nikki left and how quiet he was.

Sitting outside with a joint in my hand, I stared across the backyard to see Vince chucking a piss. I was completely alone, otherwise. Angry had gone off god knows where, not that I cared all that much, and Mick? Mick was Mick. He would disappear and reappear all the time.