Chapter Thirty-Nine

The crisp ocean breeze blew straight through me as we sat on a small beach towel, of course on the sandy shores of Bondi. The beach was very empty today, which was odd. But nevertheless, I enjoyed the peace and quiet that came with it.

"You smell that?" I ask, taking a whiff of the salty breeze.

"What? Dead fish?" Nikki returned, a chuckle escaping from his lips.

"No." I rolled my eyes, peeling my eyes away from the waves rolling in. "Fresh air. You know, something you don't get in L.A." I rolled my eyes, side glancing at Nikki.

"Hey, I quite enjoy getting high off the fumes." Nikki chuckled.

"Of course you do. Why doesn't that surprise me? Anything that gives you a buzz or some kind of pleasure, you're all for it." I play with the sand beside me, watching as a little hermit crab began to slowly pass us.

"Well yeah. What's wrong with that?" Nikki turned his head to look at me.

"Nik, you need to start experiencing life without substance or fumes. Take a moment to enjoy the ocean breeze. Enjoy the taste of a home-made cooked meal, enjoy the moments without the grog and smokes." I murmured, turning my head to look at him.

"That's why I have you." He slightly smiled. "You're my fresh ocean breeze, you can cook quite good and well, you make me forget about the booze and cigarettes for a while." He shuffles his hand over to me, placing it onto my thigh. "You're the addiction I can't go without."

I didn't have a reply, I didn't exactly know what to say. Nikki was much the same to me, he was my addiction. Whether he was a toxic addiction, I guess I was still trying to understand it. Turning my head away from Nikki, I stared back towards the crystal clear, blue ocean. It was gorgeous, I always thought it was.

"Alright, do you want the food now or after?" Nikki finally questions.

"After?" I furrowed my eyebrows. What did he mean by 'after'? Did he have something else in mind.

"After it is." Nikki grinned excitedly. Within seconds, he bounced to his feet. Ripping off his shirt, his bent down and grabbed a hold of me, throwing me over his shoulder.

Having bitten my tongue in surprise, I was almost out of breath as I felt Nikki sprint down the sandy beach and finally to the water. Once he was in about waist deep, he threw me from his shoulder and into the water. With quite the splash and half a inhale of salt water burning the inside of my nose, I coughed and carried on when I finally brought my head back out of the water.

"Nik, you need to stop doing that." I complained while half choking.

"Why would I? It's just too much fun." Nikki teased, splashing his face with the cool ocean water.

"And I'm not wearing any swimmers!" I exclaimed, trying to hide the smile when I noticed the way Nikki seemed to be looking at me.

"I don't think that bothers you all too much, baby. Considering I seen those pictures." Nikki flirted, for some reason I didn't see any jealousy in his eyes or even in his expressions.

"No you didn't." I shook my head, staying exactly where I was stood.

"Oh, but I did. If I recall exactly, you were making out with that Barnes dude." Nikki cocked an eyebrow, now a glimmer of jealousy finally reflecting in his eyes.

"I see." I nodded my head, biting my lip. "You were just jealous, huh? Just because not only was I kissing somebody else, I was also naked." My chest fluttered somewhat as I watched Nikki's face screw up and his shoulders shrug back.