Chapter 14 interlude : Blizzard

"O....oh....sho...shoot....it..s......freezing", I say before waking up in the cold therapy room.

I looked over where Dave was only to notice him starting a fire where his chimney is at. Looking over to a window I see snow starting to come down fast.

"Snow started to come down as soon as you fell asleep, it turned into a blizzard which is why I'm over here now."

I walked near Dave to get close to the fire; feeling the warm flames near me made me warm up on the inside, it reminded me of times during Christmas when everyone just rested and not freaked out over every little thing.

"Wait a minute....freak out"

"What was that", Dave replied in a curious tone.

"N....nothing sorry just thought about Christmas for a second."

"Well as long as what you're thinking isn't degrading on your mental health"

"I know I know....", I replied to Dave feeling a little empty.

"Kid....do you truly still believe all of the answers you gave me when I keep asking those questions."

"Well I thought I did, though....I'm not so sure anymore"

"That's a good thing, I uhh mean for you."

"Why would it be a good thing to remember your brothers death"

"There are multiple factors that play into remembering kid, one of the many factors is closure and making peace with your brother as well as your parents."

"What's wrong with my parents...."

"You forgot that too....I guess we have to work on that at the same time then. As soon as this blizzard cleans up you could either leave and rest until our next meeting or we could start right now."

"T...thank you Dave..."

"It's my job to help people, though some people refuse it....I aim to help you go through your troubles and give you your closure."

With that Dave turned on a radio and began tuning it to find the right station to play music.

"Hey that sounds familiar."

"What, the song", Dave replied in a puzzled manner.

"No the tuning, I don't know if it was just me but....ha it's just my family had an old radio like that, just a sense of nostalgia that's all."

"That be true kid", Dave said before walking off looking out of a window.

I continued to stare at the fire, giving me some time to think. Why am I here again, from what I remembered it was to talk about my brother but.....have I repressed some memories of when my brother was alive. No way.....it couldn't be that....could it?