Alone Ending

"I'd......I'd rather go Alone sir."

"What? You.....you want to go alone?!?"

"Yes.....I do"

"Surely you don't mean that.....right?"

"No......I am serious, I need to be punished, I need to be there.....I am deeply sorry for what I caused and what I did sir, even if it wasn't my fault to begin with.....I do have to take responsibility for what happened and.....I can't make them suffer again, not with me.....not there, it's more of a fulfilling punishment for me to be there alone."

"........I am speechless, utterly speechless. (Y/n), are you sure you want to go there alone."

"I am sure."

"Very well, before you leave can you give me that knife.....I sort of, lent it to you to help you on your final act."

"Oh, sure thing sir.", I said while giving him the knife that I found at the house.

"Thank you sonny, now.....here we are.", God said while snapping his fingers.

Beside him a bright white door with a golden handle appeared next to him. I walked over, put my hand on the doorknob and turned it. A bright white light emanated from whatever this place was causing me to cover my eyes. I then began walking slowly inside of it, preparing for eternity in this purgatory place.

"Before you go (y/n), I just wanted to let you off with something, a quote you've heard before yet haven't heard in a long time. Heaven and Hell are not judged by me, it's judged by how your mind is prepared when you finally die. If you are frightened of dying and aren't ready to move on, you'll see devils tearing away at you. But if you made your peace, then the devils are really Angels freeing you."

I nodded at him before walking towards the door, it eventually closing as I entered this room.

"To live with one's regret, one's life, and taking responsibility for someone else's actions, you truly are a selfless person. You truly do care for others even when you believe you should be alone; to be in purgatory alone you chose, that is the greatest sacrifice of them all. You forgave and remembered everything from your past and what had happened, though you may never get all your answers, I hope you find your peace.....and for that I shall give you the greatest reward of them all."

The door closes

I opened my eyes to see that I was back home......back home again. The light was off and I think it was in the middle of the night, there was a large storm outside that wasn't making my stomach feel good at all.....maybe......maybe this is my purgatory.

 I spend eternity here for the rest of my life, to where I died.....on that day. I began walking over to the kitchen, going over towards the table and sat down on the chair. I put my hands over my face and began crying. I remembered the quote he said, I remembered where that quote is from, I watched that movie to death even on the final day I was alive. The rain got louder and louder, the wind began to howl as it was hitting against the house, I began to see my life flash before my eyes, as if I was watching a video of the final moments before I enter this endless slumber. Then suddenly it all stopped, everything was quiet.....no more noise and no more sorrow and regret. Suddenly a sizzling noise began emanating from my right.

I opened my eyes to see what was in front of me, the smell of cooked bacon and eggs emanated from the kitchen. I looked to my right to see...to see.....my mother......cooking.......