Chapter 14: Lava-side Theme park

Entering the decrepit Amusement park I take notice of my surroundings. Looks like everything you'll see in a normal Amusement/Theme park; Coasters, a zipper ride, and from what I could tell further back in the park a carousel. Looking at the decor, everything either looked like a rotten red apple or colored red, whether that is paint or actual blood is still a mystery to me. While walking I noticed a metallic sound every time I took a step, looking down I see a metal floor with tiny holes in it that looked something akin to a fence. Below that was nothing but an endless abyss to who knows where it leads to.

"I only hope that I'm not alone here", I said to myself.

"Hey short-stack, ya missed me", I heard a familiar voice rang out.

"That voice...", looking behind me to see the tall, white, and pink spider."Angel Dust you son of a gun", I said before running and giving him a hug.

"Woah hold on there easy on the merchandise kid, it's not like I got hurt, or blind in this case."

"Sorry sorry for nearly blinding ya,I'm just glad I'm not alone anymore, sorry about that", I say before letting go. "Anyways how did you get past those monsters err demons?"

"Believe me kid you could stop anything as long as you have enough "fire" power", Angel Dust replied before lighting a cigarette. "You want one kid".

"As I've told you before I don't want any of...your....cigarettes...."

"What's with the long pauses, not a fan of the puns"

"You look different..."

"Pardon", Angel Dust replied in a monotone voice.

"You look different, and it's not just the hat. Your smile, it looks more devious than it did before and your color looks more pale. Also where did you get a hat!"

"I found it, why do you want to know"

"Weird, just weird", I said in a low voice.

"What was that"

"I said let's explore this....theme park?"

"Alright short stuff, ha now that I think about it, I ain't ever used your real name."

"It's alright, I kind of like the name", I replied before we both went deeper in the park.

Even if this place was functional, or hadn't been functioning, it still would've looked abandoned. The many prop buildings looked aged and ready to fall at any moment, not to mention the gift shop that we passed; the wood looked rotten as well as the many plushies of an apple were thrown about the entrance of it. The lamps that were on along the walkway were dimly lit, though both me and Angel could see the road before us. Not wanting to waste my flashlight battery I turned it off, though as I turned it off I saw a red glow out in the distance.