Chapter 15: Released from the hospital

Four days later, which was January 2nd, Andrew was finally cleared to go home after his appendectomy and even though he spent New Years Eve in the hospital, Gianna came in and gave him a New Years Kiss to ring in 2014. Andrew's release papers were already signed and his hospital bill was paid. He did some short walks the day after the surgery

Meanwhile, at Abby's house that morning as the sun was rising in the east, Abby woke up really early that morning at 8:00 AM and got a headstart as she put on a black shirt with ALDC logo colored in red, a headband on her head, black pants and sandals.

Abby then left her house and got into her car and drove to the hospital, but before she got there, she stopped a sports store first and since her son loved sports, she bought a Harlem Globetrotters warm up short sleeved jacket and pants, she didn't have to worry about shoes since Gianna brought one of Andrew's Sneakers, which are Reebok's Talkin Krazy II that had the Harlem Globetrotters design.

Then a minute later, she arrived at the hospital, parked in the parking garage and got out of the car and saw that the workers there were starting their shift, getting ready to take care of some patients and walked inside down the lobby and headed to the elevator.

As Abby got on the elevator, she pressed the button that would take her to the fourth floor where her son was resting and recovering on. She got off the elevator when it reached the floor and headed past everyone and saw the room where Andrew was resting and entered as he was sleeping and walked towards his bedside, he had get well soon cards from the girls and their families too.

Andrew began to stir as his eyes fluttered open and he had been feeling a lot better and the first thing he saw was Abby standing there with a smile on her face.

"Hey, mom."

"Hello there, my courageous, strong, warrior." Abby greeted her son as she leaned over and gave him a hug. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling good, the soreness from the post surgery has gone down a lot." Andrew told her.

Andrew smiled as he pulled the blankets off of him and carefully moved his legs to dangle over the edge as Abby helped him up and walked slowly to the bathroom and he got the clothes that his mom bought for him.

Then a few minutes later, Andrew finished getting ready to leave and he was looking good wearing his new harlem globetrotters tracksuit and matching sneakers and his hair was slick from showering and opened the door and he came out of the bathroom.

"You're looking good there, Andrew." Abby complimented her son in the clothes he was wearing and from the way he was smiling, she knew that he was enjoying the new Harlem Globetrotters tracksuit.

"Thanks, mom. I really appreciate these clothes."

"You're welcome."

"I'm glad you're feeling better." A voice said.

Andrew turned around to see where the voice came from as he and Abby saw Gianna walking in, she was wearing a green shirt, black capris and flip flops and then she walked over to Andrew and gave him a soft kiss.

"I'm glad you're feeling ok and you're on your feet, Andy and i think that harlem globetrotters tracksuit you're wearing makes you look attractive." Gianna told her boyfriend.

"Thanks, Nani." Andrew replied as he saw his girlfriend blush at the nickname he gave her. "I missed being on my feet since i had that appendectomy."

"What did the doctor say yesterday?" Gianna asked Abby.

"Well, the doctor told me that he should take short walks two to three times a day

"Where's the next competition that you guys'll be headed to without me?" Andrew asked his mother and his girlfriend.

"Well, Andrew. We're gonna head to sheer talent in Macon,Georgia this weekend. The weekend after next, we'll head to In10sity dance in Rosemont, Illinois and the weekend after that, we'll be going to in Denver, Colorado." Abby explained, telling him about the three competitions that Andrew wasn't gonna be able to come to.

"Ok, but i bet you might run into the evil witch of Georgia, huh?"

"Yeah, Cathy is bound to show her face with those rotten cores of hers." Gianna sullenly said.

"We're missing the fun, you guys." Abby, Andrew and Gianna turned to see that James and Jennine had entered the room.

"Hey, Jennine." Andrew greeted.

"Hi, Andrew. How are you?" Jennine asked as she gave him a hug.

"Feeling better, and if you wondering what kind of surgery i had, it was a laparoscopic surgery and it didn't take long from what i was told after i came out from the surgery."

"Well, since you're being released from the hospital after your appendectomy, we've decided to spend a few hours with you before we head to the studio." James told Andrew after giving him a high five.

"You ready to head for home?" Abby asked.

"Ready, willing and able." Andrew stated as he then headed over and picked up his bag that Abby had brought for him as Abby wrapped an arm around her son and Andrew put an arm around his mother and they walked out of the hospital room with Gianna, Jennine and James behind them.

Then they all got on an elevator and got to the first floor and walked to the parking garage where Abby opened the passenger side of the door to let her son get in, then she got in the car and backed out of the car with Gianna's car behind them and Jennine's car following, James was in Gianna's car and they headed for his house.