Chapter 30: Pre-Birthday Picnic

A week had passed after the recital and it was a sunday morning, the day was June 15th and it was the day after the ALDC went to a competition in San Antonio. For the solos, Chloe had gotten first place by beating Kamryn, Maddie and Paige, Asia and Nia's duet beat the duet of Sarah H and Autie, but in the group dance, the select ensemble beat the original team and the Candy Apples were not there. Andrew was eating corn pops cereal for breakfast as he was reading the comics in the newspaper and the comic he was reading was a Garfield comic and it made him laugh.

"Garfield, you, Jon and Odie never fail to make me laugh." Andrew laughed, then he heard the doorbell ring and he got up from his chair in the kitchen to see who was at the door, he opened it and standing there was Abby, who was in a black t-shirt, trackpants and sandals. "Hi, mom."

"Hello, sweetie." Abby replied to the greeting as she and her son hugged, then she walked into the house. "What are you doing on this fine morning?"

"Nothing, i was eating my breakfast and reading the comics." Andrew told his mother, who walked into the kitchen.

"Did you know your birthday is in two days, Andrew?"

"Yes."

"I can't believe you're gonna be 25 tomorrow, so what do you want to do on your birthday, do you want to have a birthday party at the studio or not this time."

"Not this time, mom. I just want to spend it with you, the moms, gia and the girls."

"That's very sweet of you, but i might and i've told the girls and their moms to bring presents." Abby said. "Oh, Andrew. Did i forget to tell you that i've planned a pre-birthday picnic for you?"

"No, i didn't know that. When does it start and where's it gonna be at?" He asked.

"At 1:30 and it's gonna be at Tropical Park. Gia, Jennine, Rachel, James, the girls and their moms from both teams are gonna be there and on tuesday, you'll get your presents from us." Abby replied to Andrew's question.

"Thanks for letting me know and i appreciate you having a picnic before my birthday came." Andrew said to Abby.

"You're welcome." Abby smiled as she hugged him.

At around 12:30 PM, Andrew had gotten up from watching TV with Abby and went to his bedroom to get ready for the picnic, he jumped in the shower and straightened his hair and put it in a ponytail, he then walked to his closet.

"What to wear, what to wear?" Andrew thought to himself as he looked into his closet to see what he would put on and he selected a red hawaiian button up short sleeved shirt, a-shirt and black cargo shorts, and after he put his clothes on, he put on some men's slip on shoes, then he left his room with his keys, camera, cell phone and MP3 player and came downstairs.

"How do i look, mom?"

"You look great, Andrew." Abby complimented. "Are you ready to go and get things ready?"