Chapter 2: Kicking off the new season

Two months later after the ALDC Bootie Camp, it was the first day of the 2013-14 Dancing Season and the Abby Lee Dance Company were the national competing champions of dance so every dance studio in the country wanted to beat and dethrone them.

The parking lot was empty and the day was October 8th, but it wouldn't be empty for long as a Black GMC Explorer 9 Passenger Van was pulling in the studio and the driver of that vehicle was Andrew. He was the first one at the studio and parked into his space. He was wearing a blue short sleeved button up shirt, black nike tanktop, blue jeans, sneakers and his hair was in a ponytail as he walked toward the studio and unlocked the door with a key Abby gave him when he was 11, and since then he's used it whether he was the first one to arrive or the last one to leave the studio.

"It feels great to be back at the studio for another season." Andrew said to himself as he walked into the studio and took a seat at the front desk and began to read a book, thinking about the new season and what he and Abby had in store for the girls.

A couple of minutes later, a black truck pulled up into the parking lot and parked next to Andrew's car and getting out of the car was his mother, Abby Lee Miller, who was wearing her usual ALDC attire consisting of a black shirt, black pants and TOMS.

"Hi, mom." Andrew greeted his mother with a smile on his face as Abby was coming into the studio.

"Hello, baby." Abby greeted her son back, giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Are you ready for another season of dancing?"

"Ready, willing and able. Since we have three straight national championships, every studio in the country has a goal and that's to unseat the ALDC, but we got this." Andrew stated.

"That's the spirit! I'm glad that you're optimistic and realistic, but don't be surprised if we have drama from the moms this season."

"Yeah, but we've dealt with a lot of crazy moms before, remember the group that Gia and i were with, those moms were real crazy, thankfully we knew how to keep them in check."

Abby nodded as the door opened and behind them were Gianna, Jennine, Rachel and James. They all arrived at the same time, which was two minutes after Abby arrived.

"Hello, my sweet Gia." Andrew greeted his girlfriend as she smiled at him and started to walk up to him.

"Hello to you, my handsome Andy." Gianna stated as she and Andrew smooched as Abby, Jennine, Rachel and James rolled their eyes at the love the two had for each other.

"Are you trying to make me nauseous or something?" Jennine asked the lovebirds as they looked at her and chuckled.

"Only those two." James chuckled and even Abby and Rachel laughed, then the girls all walked into the studio and headed to the den and then it was time to get started with the season.

"GIRLS, IT'S SHOWTIME! WE HAVE A LOT TO DO, IT'S A NEW SEASON!" Andrew yelled as the girls walked in the studio with their moms behind them as he and Abby were ready to work with them.

"This is the start of the 2013-14 dancing season and here is this year's Abby Lee Dance Company Competing team. We have Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler, Paige Hyland, Brooke Hyland, Chloe Lukasiak, Nia Frazier, Asia Ray and the newest member of the team, Kalani Hilliker. The moms that are here for the team are Melissa Ziegler, Kelly Hyland, Christi Lukasiak, Holly Frazier, Kristie Ray and the newest mom, Kira Girard." Abby stated, then she noticed that Maddie had raised her hand. "Yes, Maddie?"

"I'm just asking, but why is there no pyramid?"

"Well the reason why we don't have pyramid on the first day of the new season, it's because this is a new season, me and mom decided that it is to move forward and not have a pyramid this week, but it will be back next week for sure." Andrew answered, then he looked at Abby. "Where will the first competition of the new season be held at?"

"All right, this upcoming weekend we are going to Talent on Parade competition in Daytona Beach and there are gonna be a lot of good dance teams that are gonna be there, so remember to bring your A game." Abby told the girls, then turned to her son. "Andrew, you have the floor for the dance assignments."

"Thanks, mom. For the first dancing assignments of the new season and they will be Disney themed, we will have three solos, a duet and the usual group dance. The first solo goes to Kalani, the second solo goes to Maddie and the third solo will go to Nia, Everybody will be in the group dance. Paige, you won't have a solo this week but you will be in the duet with none other than Chloe." Andrew explained as Paige had a huge grin on her face as she and Chloe hugged, they have wanted a duet for so long.

"Girls, start stretching and moms, head upstairs please." Abby instructed as the girls spread apart and the moms left the studio room to head to the Viewing Room that was above Studios A, B and C. Everyone in the studio knew that a fourth straight national title was coming and were ready to kick butt this season.