Chapter 44: Showdown

When they saw the dressing room that said ALDC, Andrew opened the door to let the moms, the girls, Gianna and Abby enter, then he entered after them as Abby sat down.

"Let's get started with the solos!" Abby ordered as Melissa started to do Maddie's makeup and hair, Christi was doing Chloe's hair and makeup, Jodi was doing Kamryn's hair and make up, while Paige was getting her make up and hair done by Kelly.

Chloe came out and she was looking dazzling in her costume, it was a soft, flowing silhoulette which detailed the costume. Maddie then came out next and she was wearing a zip-front hoodie vest, sequined silver sneakers pop art print poly/spandex leggings with a matte bra top underneath the zip-front hoodie, a plastic rhinestone headband and on her hands were fishnet mitts. Kamryn hair was also in a bun with a jeweled brooch and her costume had a sequin-wave stretch mesh, the nylon/spandex biketard had banded leg openings and attached on it was Stretch-Satin and Tricot Bustle Ruffles. Paige came out in her costume and it was a two piece costume, she had a jeweled and feathered hairpiece in her hair, The top had patterned sequin mesh with a nylon/spandex liner.

"You four look fantastic." Andrew complimented.

"Thanks, Andrew." Maddie replied, then the door opened and a Stage Hand was standing at the door.

"Your solos are in 10 minutes."

"All right, it's showtime!" Andrew said as He, the moms, Abby and Gianna all headed to take their seats and they got the front row seats.

"Looks like that we are gonna be sitting up front." Kristie said.

"That we are, and it gives us a great view of the stage." Christi agreed, and no surprise, Cathy and the moms of the Candy Apples were sitting behind them.

"Coming up in our junior solo division, we have Chasing The Sun by Chloe!" Chloe came out to the stage and paused, then when the music began, she began her solo and unlike the time she forgot her dance onstage, this time, she remembered it and she was dancing with a lot of energy and finished. The audience applauded as she headed off of the stage.

"She might be the heavy favorite to win." Gianna whispered to Abby.

"From the way she danced, i think so too." Abby agreed with her assistant choreographer.

"Next we have Spirit Indestructable by Paige!" Paige walked onto the stage, hoping to win her fourth national title as the crowd applauded, her music came on and she was in another zone, she did well with her solo as her moves dazzled the crowd and then when she finished, she left.

"Up next is going to be Dance Apocalyptic by Kamryn!" Kamryn was focused and determined, then she started her dance when the music began, she was a force to be reckoned with although she almost tripped doing one of her turns, she did well and when the song was over, she did a pose and headed off stage.

"Coming up is Boom Boom Pow by Maddie!" There was applause in the building as Maddie came out, ready to dance, then when she heard the music start, her dance started with a lot of complicated moves and she had a little trouble with the moves, but she got past it and continued to do the moves that Abby and Andrew had taught her and she finished her solo and left to applause.