20

It took Taehyung a few moments before he felt comfortable enough to shift, shuffling into the corner away from prying eyes as his body morphed into a tiny ball of white fluff.

It took the hybrid a moment to get used to his new form. His limbs were a bit stiff and foreign from not shifting recently. The puppy only began shifting regularly after being rescued, once he'd established nobody would hurt him for shifting he did it more and more often. Even then, he'd rarely had anyone around him during the time he spent in puppy form, usually keeping hidden away from others.

This time, however, there were several pairs of eyes watching him as he adjusted to his new body. Standing on four legs rather than two, the soft pads of his paws on the rug, tail hanging behind him as he assessed his surroundings.

Nothing had changed about the room or the people in it, he was just viewing them with a different perspective -much lower to the ground. The walls were taller, furniture bigger, people seemingly larger. Jungkook and Jimin were still seated on the floor near him, but even they were towering over him. The hybrid would have been absolutely terrified were it not for their wide smiles and warm eyes as they gasped softly.

Both Jimin and Jungkook were utterly in love with the small creature, their chests tightening at the sight of the small canine. How could anything be so utterly adorable?

The puppy stood still, his ears drawn back in apprehension. It only lasted a few brief moments before Jimin beckoned the small pup over, the smile on his face softening any tension Taehyung felt.

"Aw you're so cute and fluffy Taetae."

The soft furred puppy bounded over to the two youngest members of the nest, his tail wagging behind him as he happily crawled on their legs, tongue darting out to kiss their faces. He continued his attack as the two men laughed, airy giggles filling the room as the puppy tickled them. It was safe to say, they had never seen anything as cute as Taehyung.

Taehyung basked in the attention, enjoying each ruffle of his fur or scratch behind the ear. His confidence increased with each compliment and pet he received, releasing happy cries as his tail controlled his body.

He scrambled off the lap he'd chosen to sit on, which happened to be Jungkook's, in order to pick up the brown teddy bear that was now about the same size as himself and drag it back to where he was sitting. He circled for a moment before settling and chewing on the bear's soft ear.

No matter how much Jungkook tried to hide his inner turmoil about being a new hyung, Taehyung being the observant hybrid he is -noticed the uncertainty swirling in his eyes and the anxious glances towards the hybrid himself. The puppy didn't know it was because the vampire was slightly insecure about his ability to look after him, but he did know that jungkook held himself back and often looked less confident than the rest of his new family.

So Taehyung decided he'd sit with Jungkook first, and give him a bit of extra attention.

Jungkook's bambi eyes widened as the hybrid laid on his lap, content. On the inside he was practically squealing at this new development. Not only did the hybrid feel comfortable enough to perch on him but he'd also brought over the toy that Jungkook had chosen for him. Jungkook was delighted but on the outside he simply smiled widely and softly stroked the pup's stomach, watching him lovingly.

Around the both of them, their hyungs watched, content that their youngest nestmate was bonding with their new addition so well. They could see the happiness radiating from Jungkook as he observed the baby in his lap and they in turn were happy.

"How can he be so cute? Really, he's so adorable, my heart can't take it!"

Jimin quietly exclaimed as he leant over to pet the fluffy baby in Jungkook's lap. Taehyung looked so perfect in Jungkook's lap, one ear perked and the other flat against his head. The puppy was truly precious.

"Oh, his fur is so soft, hyungs! Come pet TaeTae, look he likes it!"

Jimin couldn't get enough of the sweet creature in front of him as he pet Taehyung, his own tail wagging in tandem with the puppy's. He couldn't get enough of the puppy and his snowy appearance, fur as soft as clouds. Pink tongue darting out as the hybrid panted, excited at all the affection and attention he received.

Who were the hyungs to deny Jimin, their youngest wolf with the sweetest smile, his persuasiveness only heightened with the presence of the little baby in Jungkook's lap looking ever so cute.

Both werewolves and the human rose from their comfortable seats to perch on the ground beside the youngest nestlings, giving in to Jimin's request easily.

As a grumbling Yoongi lowered himself to the ground, complaining of sore knees, Taehyung scrambled off of the youngest vampire's lap and bounced over to the mint-haired's lap, walking all over him as he leant against the werewolf's chest. A certain gum-filled smile soon replaced the look of dislike on his face as he affectionately pet the precious creature in front of him.

The hybrid then jumped off Yoongi's lap and made his way over to Namjoon's spread legs, hopping over Hyunjin's in the process accidentally hitting the human's chest with his wagging tail, giving him an affectionate lick before finally reaching his destination.

Namjoon was very happy to accommodate a settling Taehyung between his legs as the puppy curled up and rested his head on Namjoon's thigh, letting out a huff as he did so. The eldest werewolf felt nothing but happiness as he scratched behind Taehyung's ear, the puppy's leg thumping the floor unintentionally before the werewolf moved to stroke the fur on his back instead letting the puppy settle back down.

 The eldest werewolf felt nothing but happiness as he scratched behind Taehyung's ear, the puppy's leg thumping the floor unintentionally before the werewolf moved to stroke the fur on his back instead letting the puppy settle back down

I'm sorry I've been gone so long, I haven't meant to. It's just hard to find motivation at the moment. Thank you for sticking with me, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

~it is both a blessing and a curse to feel everything so very deeply -d.j~