12

Seokjin did his best to distract Taehyung from the impending panic he knew was coming. The vampire knew it couldn't be prevented and he didn't know what was going to cause it or when exactly it was going to happen. Its always good to be prepared though.

Taehyung enjoyed Seokjin's gentle pats and back rubs, he particularly liked when the vampire lightly tugged on his hair and played with his ears. It was soothing, yet he couldn't help but wonder about Hoseok and his fluffy blankets. He wasn't overthinking, he was actually pretty excited to have the comfy fabric in the same room, he could even show Yoongi the colour he liked best or even ask Yoongi's favourite, or Seokjin's or Hoseok's.

Seeing the hybrid wander in his thoughts again (and not knowing if they were positive thoughts), the vampire gestured for Yoongi to help distract the innocent hybrid.

"Come here Tae-bear, would you like to learn to play some music?"

Now that caught his attention. The small puppy's tail wagged in excitement, his ears perked. Yoongi smiled, his heart melting at the pup's excitement. He hadn't quite picked up on the new nickname just yet, but he would.

Yoongi shuffled along the piano stool, waving Taehyung to join him. The pup left the comfort of Jin's side and moved to sit next to Yoongi. He was surprised with how bouncy the chair was and with how comfortable he felt sitting there, next to Yoongi. He breathed in Yoongi's sleepy scent, wishing he could bathe in it.

Yoongi smiled softly at the hybrid and tapped a few keys until the recognisable tune of "twinkle twinkle little star" filled the atmosphere around the three. He then gently lifted Taehyung's hand and pressed lightly on the keys, going slow so the pup could memorise it. He knew the little boy was having fun as his fluffy tail repeatedly whacked Yoongi's leg and those big, white ears listened intently to every key; doe eyes focused on both his and Yoongi's hands.

"Do you like music?"

Yoongi asked. The hybrid nodded quickly, ears bouncing.

"What kind of music do you like?"

Taehyung frowned. How was he supposed to tell Yoongi his favourite music, his favourite singers and bands. How could he talk about his interests, if he could barely talk at all?

Seokjin, who'd been calmly observing the two interact from the corner sitting comfortably in the sofa (Yoongi liked to be comfortable when he made music), saved the day.

"Yoon, why don't you let him search for it in your phone."

Taehyung was beginning to love that Seokjin knew just how to fix his problems. He enjoyed the reassuring feeling of being looked after by the vampire, knowing that he wouldn't be left without a solution to a problem. The man wasn't a miracle worker, but he was definitely gifted with the ability to help Taehyung.

Yoongi reached into his pocket and pulled the device from his jeans.

It was bigger than the other phones Taehyung had seen and used, more sleek and complex at the same time. Nonetheless, the hybrid managed to recognise and open the green and black, Spotify app. He typed in his username (an account that Hyunjin had made and shown him how to use when he'd discovered the pup slept better with music playing) and scrolled to his playlist "TaeTae's sleep music".

He then handed the phone back to Yoongi for him to look through. It was mostly full of soft, slow, sad songs. There was the occasional piano piece, Yiruma being a frequent artist. A few other instrumentals popped up like the cello, but the majority were songs by pained male singers.

Yoongi hadn't dived particularly deep into this kind of music, it was more Jimin and Jungkook's expertise. He was more of a rap loving guy, enjoying faster paced music. There were songs he knew from playing piano, some the younger ones had shown him but he was being introduced to most of them now.