9

Taehyung tilted his head, his perked snow-white ears flopping to the side and messing up his candyfloss hair.

Hoseok cooed at the puppy, resisting the urge to pinch his soft, pink cheeks and pull the hybrid into a cuddle, the man started talking about Yoongi.

"Yoongi is a werewolf like Namjoon."

Hoseok started talking and Taehyung realised he didn't know what Hoseok was. Was he a werewolf? Or a vampire like Seokjin?

Taehyung didn't exactly know how to communicate his question and didn't feel comfortable attempting to talk just yet so in a moment of rushed panic, Taehyung ended up pointing at Hoseok before pointing to Namjoon.

Hoseok gave the puppy a puzzled look, eyebrows scrunching.

Taehyung huffed out a breath before pointing at Hoseok again, then to Namjoon, back to Hoseok before finally pointing at Seokjin. This time, it seemed Hoseok understood the hybrid.

"I'm a vampire like Jin-Hyung."

Taehyung smiled, he felt like he'd accomplished something. He'd managed to communicate what he wanted to ask with minimal difficulty.

He flashed Hoseok a boxy smile and the vampire smiled an equally bright smile back.

"You're too cute, I can't."

Hoseok said ruffling the hybrid's hair, petting his ears as he did so.

Instead of flinching at the contact Taehyung smiled at Hoseok, leaning into the affectionate touch of the vampire. Taehyung had never felt so at ease around other people before and he was loving it. He loved not having to worry about being hurt, or protecting himself. He felt that the three people around him, two vampires and a werewolf would protect him from anything. He felt safe and secure with them.

The hybrid's ear twitched at the sound of footsteps coming from the corridor and he stirred from his blissed out state, sitting straight and peering around Hoseok to see who was coming.

The vampire was quick to smile and shuffle to the side in order for the puppy to get a better look all the while, both vampires and werewolf kept their eyes trained on the hybrid, making sure he didn't panic.

Hyunjin made his way into the kitchen with a small smile on his face, Tiger in his arms.He was happy, delighted even, to see Taehyung so at home.

Taehyung deserved this. Happiness and love, something he'd surely receive in his new household. Hyunjin knew the hybrid would be treasured here, treated like he should have been from birth.

Taehyung smiled at the human as he made his way closer to them. His smile only brightened when he saw the mix-coloured furball in the humans hands.

Tiger was awake.

Taehyung hadn't really ever gone so long without the small kitten by his side his separation anxiety never allowing it. He needed Tiger with him at all times. Tiger made him feel safe, she grounded him.

However, surrounded by these older men, Taehyung felt the same feelings Tiger gave him. Safe, warm and loved.

That however didn't stop the hybrid from reaching out to the small kitten, his tail wagging quickly.

Hyunjin quickly passed the kitten to Taehyung, the small boy bringing her to his face and pressing it against hers.

It allowed them to scent each other and show affection and Taehyung loved it, it was pure and for the others standing around the hybrid and his kitten it was adorable.

"I see you've met Namjoon and Hoseok. Have you been okay?"

The hybrid gave a nod in response, smiling at the human.

He was more than okay.

Hyunjin smiled widely at the hybrid's response, looking up to the three males surrounding him. Pretty soon, Hyunjin was going to be leaving Taehyung in the care of these werewolves and vampires, plus a certain wolf-hybrid the puppy had yet to meet. The thought of leaving the hybrid both saddened and elated the human.

Taehyung had come a long way from the scrawny, bloodied and bruised hybrid he'd been a year ago. He was still on the mend, yes. But he'd improved so much in the past year and Hyunjin was so proud of his achievements.

Taehyung was ready to experience the world, to do things he'd never been able to before and the human could confidently say that the new people around the hybrid would allow the small boy to flourish. Taehyung would finally experience what a healthy, happy family environment was supposed to feel like and Hyunjin was just happy to have been a part of his journey getting there.

Giving the hybrid a reminiscent look, Hyunjin swiftly changed the subject of conversation to the small kitten in the puppy's arms.

"Have you introduced her to the others?"

Hyunjin asked and watched as Taehyung's eyes widened and he shook his head softly, ears flopping cutely with each movement of his head.

"Well why don't we do that then, yeah?"

Taehyung nodded.

"This is Tiger, Taehyung's kitten. She's about four months old."

Taehyung turned to Hoseok and Namjoon, the werewolf still sat behind him and the vampire standing just to his side.

Taehyung cupped the kittens body in his hands and extended them towards the two, a smile on his face.

"Can I pet her?"

Hoseok asked watching the hybrid smile affectionately at the cat in his hands.

Observing a nod from Taehyung Hoseok stroked the soft fur on the kittens back eliciting a purr from her.

Taehyung giggles at the cat's noise before turning his head to Namjoon, silently inviting the werewolf to pet the kitten.

Namjoon did so with a dimpled smile.

"Who is next to meet then?"

Hyunjin asked, looking at Seokjin. The vampire's attention left Taehyung as he turned to face the human.

"Yoongi. He's in the music room at the minute so we can head there as soon as Taehyung's ready."

The hybrid's ears perked at the vampires mention of his name, his focus shifting from Tiger to the eldest vampire.

He tilted his head to the side, having not heard the conversation between human and vampire.

~we are made of all those who have built and broken us -atticus~