5

Taehyung woke to his ears being stroked softly, surrounded by Jin's comforting scent and hushed talking.

His ears twitched as he listened to the voices.

"I figured it might be best for at least the first few nights, that he was with all of us."

"Ah... I see. That's probably best. He bonds strongly to those who show him affection, after being starved of it for so long. He has slight separation anxiety. However it might take some time to build deeper trust."

"I'm aware. We all have no schedules for the next month so we can take care of him."

"He's going to like it here. I can tell. He's smitten with you already, once he's confident, I'm sure he'll get along with the others just fine."

Taehyung shifted slightly, whining. He opened his eyes slightly before quickly snapping them shut and burying his face into Seokjin's chest. Small puppy-like whimpers escaping him.

"Awh pup, did the light hurt your eyes Little One? Poor puppy."

Seokjin spoke as though he was talking to a small child, the words immediately comforting the puppy in his arms. He enjoyed the feeling of being doted on, it felt nice to be babied and treated preciously.

"Are you awake now little one?"

Taehyung nodded against his chest and Seokjin smiled. Taehyung was just so adorably small.

"Does little one want to meet somebody?"

Taehyung thought about it before nodding slowly. He felt safe in Seokjin's arms, comforted. If Seokjin was there, he was pretty sure he could do it.

"Good pup, a little nap was all you needed huh?"

Taehyung whines softly before stretching out on Seokjin's lap, his belly up and back resting on Seokjin's legs, something he'd never done before to anyone. But Seokjin just made him feel so safe, loved. He was showing his soft areas, something animals only did when they felt protected. Taehyung was showing his trust for the man who's lap he was sprawled out on and Seokjin was more than happy to let him.

The man chuckled at the cuteness and softly pat the puppy's belly. Making Taehyung squirm slightly a lazy smile on his face.

He yawned, his small pointed canines on display before bringing a fist to his eyes and rubbing away the sleep like a child.

Seokjin hooked his arms underneath Taehyung's body and lifted him slightly, turning him so he was wrapped around the elder and could cuddle in. Sensing the hybrid needed a little more time to wake up, Seokjin placed Taehyung's head back onto his chest and talks to him.

"The next person you're going to meet is called Namjoon. He's a lot like you actually, Namjoonie is a werewolf. Have you ever met a werewolf before little one?"

Taehyung shook his head.

"Well they're pretty cool. You know how you're a little puppy? Well, Namjoonie is a wolf. That means you can play together outside, won't that be fun?"

Taehyung nodded with a bit more energy. He'd never played, let alone played with anyone like himself. He didn't exactly know how to play but he was definitely excited to learn.

"Namjoon has dimples. Do you know what those are pup?"

Taehyung nodded again, excited, before leaning back into Seokjin's hands that were placed protectively around him to prevent a fall. Taehyung brought both his hands to Seokjin's face and used his fingers to poke the sides of his cheeks.

Seokjin nodded and smiled.

"Yes puppy, that's where dimples are. You're so smart aren't you."

Taehyung smiled widely at Seokjin's babying. It was nice, he felt warm and fuzzy on the inside being complimented by the elder.

"Do you want to see Namjoonie's dimples?"

Taehyung nodded, eyes wide and looking into Seokjin's.

"Okie dokie, shall we go find him or do you want him here?"

Taehyung took a moment to think. He was warm and comfortable in Seokjin's lap and didn't want to leave it, however he wanted to see more of the new house.

He slowly got out of Seokjin's lap and stood up.

"You want to find him? Okay, lets go!"

Seokjin stood up gracefully and joined Taehyung's side, his larger body slightly towering over Taehyung's. Rather than panicking and running to hide away, Taehyung sighed, comforted by the elder's presence. He was confused -bigger people were terrifying, their large frames could easily overpower his smaller one, yet Jin just felt warm and kind.

He pushed those strange thoughts to the back of his mind and glanced back to the sofa to see Tiger curled up in the blankets. He didn't want to disturb the sleeping kitten but also didn't want to leave her alone.

Seokjin seemed to sense this.

"Hyunjin?"

"Yes?"

"Would you mind staying here and looking after tiger for Taehyung?"

Taehyung's attention turned to the brown-haired human in the room. Seeing the human's anxious look, Taehyung pleaded with his eyes. He felt bad about leaving the little kitty, but if Hyunjin was there, she wouldn't be so alone and he wasn't sure why, but the hybrid really wanted to meet the warewolf. Perhaps it was the fact Namjoon was like him?

Taehyung has never met anyone like him. He was always the different one. His own father was nothing like the sweet temperamented puppy. He just wanted to be able to relate to someone else, in some way. He wanted to connect, make friends and find a family.

Or maybe Seokjin's babying, calm voice made him just want to please. It was like Seokjin had the puppy wrapped around his large tanned fingers and Taehyung could do nothing about it, not that he wanted to. It was nice, lovely even, to be treated like he was loved. Like he was more than a problem that needed to be fixed, or a broken animal. He felt wanted and precious, fragile? Yes. But Seokjin was looking after him, like a parent would do their child -a feeling he'd also been starved of.

Hyunjin's reluctance to say yes prompted a small whine to escape the back of the hybrid's throat.

"Ok. I'll look after Tiger, but, if it gets too much he comes right back here."

Taehyung's tail wagged, subtly showcasing his inner excitement. His ears perked up and a smile made its way onto his face.

"I promise. Come one Little One, lets go meet Joonie."

~you make me lovely, and it's so lovely to be lovely to the one i love - jennifer niven, all the bright places~