16

Eventually Taehyung plucked the courage to look up. His head rested against the wall as he looked at his surroundings. He focused on the people around him, Yoongi sat beside him, Seokjin and Hoseok in front of him. The nameless ravenette stood not far away, eyebrows just as scrunched as they had been before, concern and panic swirling in his eyes. The wolf was still laid in front of him, its long body wrapping around Taehyung's. It lay there, watching it's surroundings.

He was too drained to question the animal's sudden appearance, thankful he wasn't caught up in his mind anymore. He focused on catching his breath and calming his rapid heartbeat as the creatures around him spoke.

"It's okay Taehyungie, Kookie and Minnie didn't mean to get up that fast. They didn't mean to scare you, they were just excited to meet you, pup."

"Yeah, they didn't mean to get up so fast baby."

There was a warm hand on his head, fingers softly rubbing the tips of his ears. It felt nice, relaxing. He liked the warm, soothing hand strokes. Yoongi's fingers moved from his ears to his pink locks and the pup was in heaven. The werewolf gave him a head massage, soothing the headache the hybrid was beginning to suffer from.

"You don't have to be scared anymore cub, you're safe now."

Taehyung sighed, the corners of his mouth lifting into a lazy half-smile. He knew he was safe. The moment he'd walked through the front door, he knew he had no reason to hold onto his original fear. The people in this house were kind, warm, loving. The house itself was more than the results of hard-labour, it was more than it's laid bricks. The house was a home. A happy home to six beautiful creatures, each willing to aid, protect and provide for the small hybrid. It was the epitome of safety and serenity, a stark contrast to his old state of living.

No, he wasn't scared of any of them. Taehyung was just haunted by his past.

"Are you thirsty, puppy? Would you like some lemonade?"

Taehyung nodded his head in response. The sanctuary would usually prepare juice and cookies for him after he had an 'episode'. It was something about slowing his breathing and the sugary baked goods were supposed to help him recover easier. The sanctuary was trained to care for Taehyung and the other creatures like him. Of course, there was nobody there who'd been through exactly what the puppy had been through; but their training and knowledge was enough.

Taehyung was thankful the creatures around him seemed to have a clue about what they were doing. None of them had rushed him; asked what happened; scared him further. They put on a calm, soothing persona -even if they were experiencing inner turmoil. He appreciated the light touches and hushed words, he liked that they'd made an effort to lower to his level. They weren't towering over his cowering frame, they were sitting beside him like equals.

"Here you go baby."

The ravenette from before brought over a glass of the fuzzy substance, this time with a light blue straw. He passed it to Hoseok with a sheepish smile on his face when the hybrid looked at him before scurrying back behind Seokjin. The vampire then passed the cup to Taehyung.

They kept talking as the puppy took a small sip. The liquid fizzed and bubbles in his mouth making him smile, it tasted the same as before. If not, more refreshing now due to his dry throat. He abandoned the straw, instead sipping from the glass.