15

t/w: flashback (ptsd related), mentions of abuse, symptoms of a panic attack

The inhabitants of the room clearly hadn't noticed the intrusion as they continued to talk to each other, fingers tapping away at their phones.

Taehyung had stepped into the room first, the curious hybrid wanting to see what the fuss was about. There were two people sat on a sofa each playing on their devices. They were probably playing a game with each other, their voices playful and teasing. Taehyung's tail wagged as they laughed at each other, enjoying the light breathy sounds.

One was curled up near the arm rest, a blanket over his legs and a red beanie on his head, a few of his blonde locks escaping the hat. He was the one that smelt like vanilla and strawberries, a sweet yet comforting scent. He looked comfortable in his oversized, black knitted sweater and wrapped up in a yellow blanket. He looked extremely focused on his game, fingers tapping at the screen frantically. His eyebrows scrunched and his plump lips pulled into a pout.

On the other hand, the male sitting on the opposite end of the sofa looked completely relaxed. He too was focused on his phone, tapping away but he looked less worried than the blonde to his left. The male sat there, spread on the seat in black sweatpants and an equally as black hoodie that made him look soft and cuddly. He chewed softly on his lips and scrunched his nose, moving his head to flick jet black hair from his face. The mint scent definitely belonged to him.

The black haired, mint scented man sniffed causally.

A confused look painted his features and he sniffed the air again, eyes never leaving the screen. He tilted his head and sniffed the air again, this time his eyes left his phone and landed on Taehyung.

The hybrid had been observing the two as they played. He watched them interact with each other. The blonde looked much smaller than the ravenette next to him but still, they were both much bigger builds than himself.

Luckily, the three nestmates behind him hadn't pushed Taehyung to do anything. They let him observe quietly from a distance, close enough that they could support him if needed but not suffocating him.

Taehyung didn't hold eye contact with the stranger, instead he focused on the blonde man's blanket.

The man tapped the blonde's leg and soon enough both of them were aware of his presence and shooting up out of their seats, their phones clattering on the floor and startling Taehyung.

The hybrid flinched and whimpered, trying to make himself smaller. His shoulders rose and his head dropped. He backed into the corner behind him with his ears flattened and fluffy tail between his legs. He quickly dropped to the floor as soon as his back hit the wall, curling himself into a ball, hands around his stomach and head tucked into his knees breathing heavily.

Seokjin was quick to act, whispering to the distressed hybrid and quietly shushing his whimpers. Making his movements obvious and slow, Seokjin walked over to Taehyung. He didn't know exactly what was happening to the pup; it looked like a panic attack, but he couldn't be sure.

"I'm going to touch your ears now, okay pup? I'll be gentle."

He slowly raised his hand to Taehyung's ears and stroked them. The hybrid flinched again but made no effort to get away, he couldn't.

"It's okay little one, you're safe. They got up too fast for you didn't they. It's alright, nobody's going to hurt you, they were just excited to meet you."

Seokjin cooed at the hybrid, attempting to calm him down as he crouched near him. The vampire looked up at his concerned nestmates before beckoning Hoseok over with the blanket.