11

Hoseok used his free hand to push open the door.

Taehyung peered into the room, his tail wagging and ears straining as he looked for Yoongi. He didn't find Yoongi but he did find lots of instruments: guitars hung on the wall, a cello propped on a stand in a corner and a keyboard against another wall in front of a window. Of course, there were many other instruments in the room, but Taehyung didn't know what those were called. He'd felt extremely accomplished in identifying the cello -that was only because he'd discovered he loved the sound through YouTube.

The whole room smelt like green turtleneck sweater he'd received. A cozy combination of lemongrass and sleep -one that he didn't know was possible.

The three of them walked further into the room, the two vampires watching over the curious hybrid.

"Yoongi is just through this next door, baby"

Hoseok held the door handle as he watched Taehyung look around the musically decorated room. Hoseok knew the hybrid was interested in the instruments and had quite possibly never seen most of them before. It saddened the empath, yet he was looking forward to teaching Taehyung about the world. He wanted to take him to all his favourite places, to try all his favourite foods and experience his favourite activities. There was almost a kind of beauty to Taehyung's innocence - yes it was derived from very negative origins, but the boy was not corrupted. Though scarred by the harrowing events of his upbringing, the hybrid had yet to write off the world as bad and Hoseok admired that.

Taehyung trotted over to where the two vampires were standing observing him. They both had endearing looks on their faces, smiling down at his smaller frame. Taehyung loved being smaller than them, though he doubted he'd feel any less small if he was physically taller. Their babying, smooth-toned voices would be enough to melt him. He was a little cautious about what they'd do with the power they had over him, however he felt at home with them. Comforted, supported and wanted.

He couldn't wait to meet the next member of his new family, Yoongi. The one who liked music, just like him.

He had a bright smile on his face as Hoseok pushed down on the door handle and Seokjin took hold of his hand once more.

A soft piano melody fills the air around the three of them as they move towards the man sitting at the keyboard. He's noticed them, for sure, the click of the door and it's closing notified him to their presence. Yet he didn't stop playing, he made sure to finish the piece before turning around.

Taehyung was awestruck. The sounds the man created made him feel airy and light. It was a simple lullaby, Taehyung knew enough but there was a certain complexity that left him stilted in amazement.

He could feel Seokjin's large frame behind him, Hoseok on his side as they all watched the talented man play. Both men close enough that the hybrid could feel them.

The hybrid's eyes were drawn to the man's soft mint hair -he got excited by the fact they both had colourful hair, wanting nothing more than to pet it- before his eyes trailed down his body, looking at the man's well-put together outfit. Taehyung took particular interest in the large white dress shirt the man wore, it was baggy and hung over his frame yet looked so, so comfortable. He wanted to nuzzle into that material, coupled with the werewolf's cozy scent and the blissful melodies playing. Oh, he could fall asleep just thinking about it.

Seokjin places the palm of his hand on Taehyung's back, edging the hybrid forward. They walked until they reached the piano, music being played all the while.

The tune came to an end eventually. Yoongi finished and spun on the stool he was sat on to face them.

He smiled.

Taehyung giggled, Yoongi was cute.

He had small, puppy-like eyes and soft cheeks. He had a button nose and a soft jawline. The werewolf's lips were a rosy colour and looked just as soft as the rest of him. A small mole on his cheek and his nose (Taehyung now had three things in common with his new housemate). Yoongi's teeth were small and his smile was gummy. He had a larger frame than Taehyung but was definitely smaller than the other's he'd met.

His hair looked like a baby green cloud on the top of his head and Taehyung had to pet it.

He did.

The locks were just as soft as he'd imagined.

A chuckle left Yoongi with Hoseok and Seokjin following suit.

God, the hybrid was just so adorable.

"Hobi, go get the soft blankets please. I have a feeling Taehyung might need them."

It was Seokjin that interrupted the moment. Hoseok didn't know why the hybrid would be requiring blankets but when his Jin-hyung tells him to do something, he does it. Hoseok is accustomed to being randomly asked to do things, often without visible purpose, that have become important in the next minutes or hours and so he quickly left the room; his mind focused both on task and what the blankets would be needed for.

Yoongi looked at Seokjin's slight frown, a questioning look adoring his face. Seokjin looked at the younger man and shook his head, turning to the confused hybrid.

"Don't worry, little one, you'll be fine."

Taehyung didn't know why he needed blankets at this moment. Sure, he was a firm believer in blanket time. Heck, he'd carry the soft, fluffy fabric with him everywhere. But at the moment he felt comforted by the presence of the two vampires and werewolf. He didn't necessarily need the added emotional support the blankets provided.

He wouldn't reject it, though he didn't need it.

"Hi, I'm Yoongi."

Yoongi's beautifully rough voice brought Taehyung away from his thoughts and back into the land of the present. A land where he was stood in front of the handsome man who played piano, and the equally handsome man who'd, just minutes ago, told him he'd be needing blankets -his comfort item (other than Tiger).

But what for?

~life is the art of pretending to be normal -atticus~