Chapter 10- 'My anonymous savior'

Start from the beginning

“I’m too lazy to make you breakfast if that’s what you want by the way!!” she rudely informs me while crossing her arms and raising her left eyebrow. I playfully flick her forehead and say “Dumbass, you always ruin good moments. Now shut up and listen…” oddly enough she didn’t punch me for flicking her “…I have to go somewhere for a while, so if Tom asked about me I need you to  tell him I had to take care of something” I continued. “Why don’t you tell him yourself though, he might get offended this way” she replies. “If I tell him he’ll start asking questions” I answer.

“Can you die after we finish the project please?” she calmly says. I gave her an annoyed look with a straight face then said “I’m serious Amira, I’m gonna try to finish my shit fast so we can have time for the project”. I give her few seconds to reply, but she stays silent and the worried look is back on her face.

“I don’t know when I’m coming back, in case I don’t return before he comes back I need you to tell him I had to do some research about the project and you don’t know where. But if I don’t return till tomorrow then tell him it’s (Code Red). Now can you do that for me?!” I continue

“what’s (Code Red)?” She reply with raised eyebrows, as if she was testing me.

“What’s important is that he gets it.” I tell her.

“so, you don’t know if he would get it or not.” She asks me with a straight face. And she has a point, we never agreed on a code, so code red might mean something else and he wouldn’t get it then I am fucked.

“I hear it on TV all the time, it’s some police shit.” I sigh in frustration, because she’s just too damn curious. I should’ve asked a monkey to deliver the message, it wouldn’t ask questions.

“Why didn’t you check for its meaning online then?!” Amira asks while crossing her arms.

“Fine, just let me think of another code…ahhh, Suit.” I quickly come up with a word related to our case. I’m actually glad she made me think about this.

“Suit?! That’s even dumber than (Code Red). At least the old one sounded professional” Amira says with sarcasm, and I am way too nervous right now to deal with her sarcasm.

“Shut up!!! God!! You’re annoying!!” I snap, as she took me waaay off topic.

“by the way, since when do you come knocking on my door?!” she jumps to another topic.

“this is how people do it, they knock on their neighbors’ doors!!.” I inform her.

“yes, but you shouldn’t come to my house, like.. ever.”

“Yesterday you not only DIDIN’T KNOCK on my door, you even entered my house, woke me up, ruined my dream about killing you, and demanded food. You shouldn’t be a detective, you should be a criminal!!” I continued almost getting mad, ALMOST.

“Who puts his front door key in a plastic rock next to the fucking door?!” she questions me

“I saw it on Horrible Bosses, and it’s cool!” I quickly reply crossing my arms.

“You do realize that you need flower pots to put the plastic rock in it so it doesn’t look like a plastic rock that has your front door key inside it!!” she makes it clear of how dumb my idea was

“pppffft, of course I do, can you go get me a flower pot? Like, right now?!” I quickly ask her hoping she would just go away.

“No, but I can get it for your funeral” she says with a serious face that creeps me out.