Chapter 8- 'The big set-up'

A/N: thank you for reading :)

***
Amira POV

  “You suck you Baqara!!” I tell Sam as Maddy and I get into his car, we decided that even though we bought comfy shoes, we still prefer to beg someone to take us than to go home walking. Yes, we are fucking lazy. 
“That is not a nice thing to say to someone who is saving you from a lot of walking.” He replies sarcastically.  “I missed you so much!!!!” I hug him from the back seat, also hugging his seat. Anna greets us, but she didn’t look happy to see us.
“Baqara?!” Maddy asks with a confused look. “I’m half Arab, remember?! It means cow” I smile as I realize that Sam’s Arabic language knowledge includes only curse words. He laughs and whispers something to Anna, who is sitting in the front seat beside him. That seat used to be mine, and now I feel like I’ve been replaced. I know it’s normal that he puts his girlfriend, or whatever she is before me, and spends more time with her than with me. But it still hurts not to see him as much. Maddy and I get along incredibly, I honestly never thought I could be in such a good relationship with a girl, but she proved me wrong, she is like me in so many things but still completely different. I can’t help but wonder, if she didn’t come along, would I have been left alone because Sam is busy with Anna now? Or would I have been the third wheel?!
“Hey Sam, guess who is turning 21 in 3 days?!!” I ask him and Anna looks back at me, waiting for an answer. “Happy birthday to MEEEE!!” Sam shouts and I clap and cheer and Maddy joins me. Anna turns to him and they start whispering again. Oops, it seems like she didn’t know.
I don’t know why, I can’t explain it, but I’m starting to dislike this girl, something about her makes me uncomfortable, and not the eye brows, I really hope it’s not jealousy because that is just embarrassing.
“So, are we gonna do what we always do on your birthday?! Go ice skating and try not to break any bones, then get a chocolate caramel cake and try to get the most amount of cake on the others face?!” I say this in one breath and Maddy claps her hands in excitement “Can I come too?!!!!” She asks. And now Anna looks like she’s gonna blow up, and Sam tries to avoide eye contact with everyone.
This is not the reaction I was expecting. What the fuck is wrong with them?! I need to talk to Sam because I’m confused as hell.
When he pulled up in front of my house, I told him to come out of the car for a second so I can talk to him in private.
“Sam, are you ok?! What’s going on?!”
“Nothing, it’s just that Anna didn’t know about my birthday, and she felt bad, and then told me that she is going to make it up to me by…. Stuff” he coughs in embarrassment then continues. “.. Then you said you wanna go skating and she felt that her plans are ruined.”
“Sam, I don’t mean to be rude, but she needs to fucking understand that she is not the only fucking person in your life. You have friends and family, and me. So she can’t spend every fucking minute of every day with you.”
He sighs and nodes in agreement. “Wow, that is you not wanting to be rude?!..” he laughs.
“…She is, kind of… like that, but I like her so much, and I don’t wanna upset her. Everyone has negatives right?! Like when you are worried you put too much makeup and look like a hooker, and…” I cut him off.” Let’s just talk about her bad qualities instead of mine, shall we?!” I smile and he continues. “..Ok, well, she has this bad habit. I’m trying to accept her as she is.”
“ok, I understand, but can we at least hang out on the day after your birthday?!” I ask him with puppy eyes. And he stares at me for a second, and acts like he gives in.
“Fiiine, but only if you get me a cake with extra caramel.”
“Deal!!” we shake hands and hug. He runs back to the car and Maddy gets out, as she was chatting with Anna while we were talking.

***

“What’s your biggest sex fantasy?!” Maddy asks me. We were baking cookies that we learned from YouTube, and we were playing truth or dare at the same time, without the dare part again, because my parents were home, and we are defiantly not lesbians.
“Dude!!! Raise your fucking voice a bit more, the people in Canada didn’t hear you that clearly.”
“I am sorry” she whispers, as if this was gonna make the previous line unheard.
“My biggest sex fantasy is to be..” I pause to warn her. “..If this gets out I’ll know it was you!!” I continue. And she nods waiting impatiently for my answer. “..To be locked in an elevator with a hot stranger, if we had whipped cream, well that would be flattering too.” I whisper in her ear and she puts her hand over her mouth to stop herself from laughing.
“My turn!! What’s the most embarrassing gift you received in your life?!” I ask, and she thinks for a second then face palms herself as the memory hits her.
“When I was like 16, I had a boyfriend, and I had really small boobs back then…” I cut her off as I cough “you still do” and she hits me with a rolling pin. Then she goes on with the story. “.. so I used to steal these really big push up bras from my mum, and on Christmas, my boyfriend got me a huge bra, it was like size D or something, and all my family saw me get it out of the box and they laughed so hard at me because the poor guy thought I really had huge boobs.” She shakes her head in embarrassment. And quickly asks me a question to change the subject.
“Why did you and Danny fight today?!” she asks.
“Is this part of the game?!..” I ask, and she nods. “… well, basically because he is an ass, and more specifically, because he is an arrogant bastard who is in love with himself.”
“What did he do?!” she asks curiously and I put the first pan of cookies in the oven, and start thinking about what I can tell her, because for some odd reason, I didn’t want anyone to hate Dan,  I can’t explain the reason why I wanted people to think he is great, even though I didn’t think that it’s true. I can’t tell her about the bruise I discovered on his arm, and if I tell her that I got mad because he grabbed my boob, well, that’s just silly. I’m taking too long to answer so I will just say whatever comes to my mind first.
“He grabbed my boobs.” Fuck me!!, whyyyyy brain, whyyy?! We just discussed not to say that!!
“That’s great!!”Maddy answers, and I stare at her with a straight face. “What do you mean great?!” I ask her in confusion.
“It’s great that you are getting closer to each other, Tom and I always thought that you two are great for each other.” She replies.
“Nooo, I didn’t mean it in that way. He stepped on the breaks again like a fucking retard, and I almost hit the wind shield, so he grabbed my boob to prevent me from kissing the glass in front of me.”
“oh, that’s even cuter.”
“then we started fighting about silly stuff and now I just wanna hit his handsome face with a frying pan.”
“oooh, you like it kinky.” Maddy jokes and I grab a frying pan, she runs away when she realizes what I’m implying.
“Come back Maddy, we’re not done baking yet, I’m putting the frying pan down”
We laugh and then her serious face is back.
“You still have to do the project together, sooo, I suggest you two make up soon.”
“I will never apologize to him, he started it.” I tell her.
“It doesn’t matter who starts it, you are adults, you need to work it out, not just because of the project, but because our shopping bags are in his car, and I want my stuff.”