Chapter 4- 'Best way to hide something is by writing a play'

A/N: sorry for taking too long to continue,  finals are killing me but the story must continue :D

***
Daniel POV

Amira was trying to avoid me the whole day in college, I thought yesterday was supposed to change things between us but I don't know what the hell is up with her. Oddly enough she started to hang out with the James Bond chick, could it be the reason she's acting this way. Did Madison tell her about what I said to make my friend look good and give him a chance to talk to her.

I'm not gonna bother try to fix things again, I don't wanna be broke by paying for my mistakes as if it's indulgences to a medieval Roman Catholic Church to give me pardon for my sins and an access to heaven. All I want is just to be done with the stupid project because this girl is just too damn complicated, one day she's happy, the next she's a complete zombie.

I couldn't put up with her crap anymore, as I was walking with my friend I realized that she was walking with Madison, of course Jack started being charming. I can see Madison actually likes him back but she was a bit freaked out for some odd reason, and so was Amira, she was standing next to me trying to avoid giving me eye contact. Madison pulled Jack to the side and tried to talk to him about something; it was a great chance for me to figure out what's up with Amira. "do you feel awkward around me now, I mean yesterday wasn't a date, we only ate in a romantic restaurant, talked about ourselves then I drove you home, that's completely normal" I say sarcastically as she looks at me and says "I have other things to do, excuse me". I realized she didn't wanna do the project with me anymore for some reason, I had to find out why and asked with an angry tone "what the hell is the matter with you lady?", she freaked out and was about to sprint to the exit but she pulled herself together and said with a curious look on her face "do you have a gun??" that was just confusing, why would she just ask me this random question, "What the fuck? Why would I have a gun?" I replied defensively, I mean there is no way anyone she can tell if I'm lying. "Why do you have a gun Dan?" she asks again still confused and kinda excited at the same time. "...I knocked on your door, but the door was open, I walked in and I saw you and Tom in the basement holding a gun". I froze in my place for a second trying to process what she just told me.

After years of no one ever finding out, some chick I just met found out my biggest secret. I grabbed her from her arm and said lets walk. And that's when she hit me with her elbow and said "I can walk by myself". As we walked far enough for no one to hear us she crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows and said demandingly "hmm, so, you're gonna explain yourself for trying to drag me like a sack of potatos". This girl is actually tough, I thought she would be freaking out by now like before but when it comes to confronting, she's a badass.

I told her with a serious tone "You're the only one who knows about this, so if anyone finds out I'll know you're the source" I'm guessing that wasn't something you say to someone who thinks you work with Godfather. "I wouldn't even care if it wasn't in my damn neighborhood, so what the hell Dan?" she replies pointing her finger at me. "Tom is an undercover cop" I say trying to comfort her. "I'm helping him work on a case because I'm so friendly everyone just loves me, and with all that training they gave him they kinda forgot to teach him about human contact" I continue explaining as she says sarcastically "they probably didn't wanna confuse him by telling him some humans you should shoot, and some you should talk with". I noticed she started to relax when she got back to her sarcastic self, actually she was excited, because she felt like as if she was in a movie, then she realized something horrible and said "Madison was with me when we walked into your house", "did you make a fucking house party at my place or what? Who else was with you, Santa?, that bastard still didn't give me what I asked for, he must've misunderstood the situation and put me on the naughty list this year" I kinda forgot the point of my remark as I kept talking but she was on my train of thoughts, I guess she steered it back to track and said "Maddy is an exchange student from UK, she lives with me now, because the old family were kinda creepy, and we wanted to come to you and ask for a ride to college".