Chapter 24 'The Storm before the Silence'

Daniel POV

I gotta admit that I hate following people, I always get in trouble because I never listen, if it's not my plan then it's not a plan worth going through, but for the first time in forever I let someone else influence my judgment, what the heck, it's the first time I literally listen to someone, I don't think i'm a Know it all, but I know I was made to lead, not to follow, but sometimes, you gotta follow those whom you lead, because no matter how stubborn and annoying they can be, they might be smarter than you give them credit for.

The fact that Amira is handling this well, means she's handling it better than I, because she has never had to go through such a thing in her life, let alone something which might change the course of her entire life, or the continuation of her life to be exact.

I feel weird with her arms around me as if we were lovers. I like her quick thinking though, I can see the signs but i'm too big of a bitch to act.... should I say something..... should I do something?? what if it doesn't last... what if she only likes me now because of what's happening and the excitement is taking over her feelings, I don't know what's gonna happen.

the walk to Amira's house felt like walking across the country. with all the thoughts going through my head, and not a single thought is about how to solve this problem, all i'm thinking of is if I should kiss her or not. "This is it" Amira says and I snap out of my thoughts. "Are you ready?" I ask before I take a step closer to the door and she stops me saying "NO!".
I see her eyes wide open in fear from what would happen.

"Don't worry Princess, no one is there" I try to calm her down.

"You go in first and i'll wait here" she says with her eyes still wide open.

"Just trust me!" I try to bring her with me.

"Danny, could you please go in and kill the rats first." she says with a straight face, and that was the hardest moment in my life to hold something in so bad, I do my best to hold it, but a smirk comes across.

This lady walked towards a guarded castle to rescue me and now she wouldn't go in to her own house because there might be rats in there....Women.

"Amira you know what happens in horror movies when they decide to split up, one of the rats might come and make you his date" I try to convince her, she gives me a grin and walks towards the door, as we got close to the door, she decided to walk behind me, I feel her hand slide into mine and I squeeze it gently to show her that I'm with her in this.

I open the door slowly and we walk in but that fear turned into anger as she realises that her house..her home, has been turned into a war zone.

Everything was broken, the floors were dirty, she was so mad when a rat ran close to her she just give it a look as if she said (I don't have time for your bullshit now).

"This is what greed does." I say with a straight voice and wished I haven't just as the last word came out. She rips her hand off of mine.

"What does greed have to do with all this?" she questions my comment.

"Nothing, just forget it." I try to move on to avoid a certain battle.

"No!! Tell me what you meant!" she screams at me knowing exactly what I meant, she just wanted me to walk in her trap. "Fine! you wanna know what I meant, all of this shit could've been avoided if your weasel brother wasn't greedy, he just cared about the money, a lot of people's lives got ruined because of your brother, he's a criminal and should be treated as one!!" I felt as if I had no control over what I just blurted out.