Chapter 10- 'My anonymous savior'

Daniel POV

I have no idea how I can tell Jack. I got a text today from a blocked number and I think it was from the Suit. It says: walking is good for your health, 9pm is the perfect time to do it, or else you might die young.

Ok, so they’re either trying to be funny but it came out creepy or this is a fucking threat. Either way I have to go. But what if they found out about my relationship with the cops?! Nooo, no no. there is no fucking way, it’s not even official. So I can’t be on their database. What if someone ratted me out?! No, no, nooo. There are only two people, who know about me; Jack and his boss. And now Amira knows a little bit, but she would never do that.

So now I can’t tell Jack, there for I can’t tell his boss. I can’t call the police because these guys will fucking kill me before I even grab my phone. God damn it, why do I keep getting myself in trouble?!

Jack is at the office, his boss called him in. He will probably come back before midnight to fill me in with the boss’s plan. He will freak out if he comes back and didn’t find me, and I have to switch my phone off for the moment, I guess that will freak him out even more.

I’m taking my other phone, this one doesn’t have anything related to any of my family, friends, Jack or the police. So if they take it, they won’t find anything on it. I’m guessing the best idea would be to tell the girls that I’ll be busy tonight, because this is the first place Jack will look for me if he couldn’t find me home.

***

As I knocked on Amira’s door and a guy I’ve never seen before opened it and said “What?!”, my reply was simply a punch on his face. As he fell down I tied his hands behind his back with my jacket thinking the Suit sent him to kidnap Amira or something. Amira rushed and told me in shock “what the fuck are you doing to my brother?!!”. I pause for few seconds trying to understand what happened while was still on top of her brother “Oops” I say in embarrassment as I untied his hands and helped him up “Nice to meet you, buddy” I greet him pretending I didn’t just go all cowboy on his ass “why does everyone keep hitting me since I came home?!” he says in an innocent voice while holding his jaw, which I thankfully didn’t break. He then realizes that I’m also a stranger completely not understanding that his sister recognized me. “My turn. Who the fuck are you?!” he tries to attack me and I try to block his kicks. I mean who the hell starts with a kick. Amira stood in front of me trying to make him stop as he grabbed a baseball bat that was next to the door. “He’s my friend!!” Amira shouts with her eyes closed and her arms wide open trying to get the hit for me.

“Oh, hey bro what’s up? I’m Majed” he says calmly as he threw away the bat and reached his hand to shake mine as if nothing happened…Again!! “Hey, I’m Daniel, Amira’s friend“ I reply with an honest smile as I shook his hand “You guys are psychos” Amira points out the obvious. Madison laughs her ass off and almost falls off of the stairs which she was cowering on the top of, until we finished the fight. “I confusedly enjoyed meeting you, but I have to talk to Amira about something and get going” I say politely.

Amira walked me outside and had a worried look on her face, as if she knew what was going on already. “Who else hit him since he came home?” I ask curiously. She pauses for a second trying to understand what I’m saying and giggles “I smashed his head with his own guitar” she replied. “Wow, happy family” I sarcastically point out. “Nooo, I thought he was gonna rape us” she tries to explain as I gave her a messed up look with my jaw completely touching the floor. “OMG…” she loudly laughs understanding that she’s making shit worse “...my parents aren’t home as you remember and he showed up way sooner than we were expecting him to come home, so when Maddy and I heard noises inside the house I grabbed the guitar, hit him with it, then asked him who he is” she continues in one breath, making sure I didn’t misunderstand a thing.