"I almost passed out." He tells me, chasing a crackle of laughter to leave my chest. "I'm not kidding, she even swatted me with a dish towel when I began coughing. Asthmatic and she's telling me to breathe."

I'm still laughing when he wraps his arms around me. "You're a cuddly bear today."

"Tired." He mumbles.

He investigated the museum again last night with the crew and came home late, Bacon stayed over too, crashing in the guest room, but someone else had yet to give up to the tiredness.

"Come." I tell him, pulling him across the room. Once I sit down, I place a pillow on my lap and pat it. "Head here."

He does without a single argument and let's out a hearty yawn as soon as my fingers thread through his hair. "This is my kryptonite. If you're ever going to take over the world, just do this first."

"I will, thanks for the heads up, now get some sleep in. You're gonna need it."

"Yes ma'am."

Within 5 minutes, I get a soft snore from my lap, he was asleep, but to ensure I couldn't leave him, he was hugging my leg...

He always had the last word or in this case, action.

*****

I dream.

Well, I nightmare.

I nightmare that Mia has taken our baby, that before I've been able to hold that baby in my arms, she's taken them. That I'm led in a hospital bed, having only just given birth, face still covered in sweat, exhaustion crumbling my bones and overcome with emotion, when she creeps in, gives me a deadly smile and takes the baby

I'm woken by Zak holding my face looking concerned.  "What was it?"

"I-uh- nothing."

"You've been crying." He says wiping the tears that had fallen during my sleep.

I scoot his hands away to wipe my face and laugh "Just being daft."

"You were begging, Elle.... What was it?"

As I let out a breath, to calm myself, it leaves me shakily, only heightening Zak concerns.  "Fine.." I admit, wiping the tears that had brewed up. "It was a nightmare, our baby was taken."

"By Mia.... I heard you begging her." He says looking at me through his lashes. "Elle, I will guard this baby, like a bloody hellhound."

"I know, I know. It's just jitters." I answer shaking my head.

"What happened in it?"

I tell him and watch his eyes darken, protective Zak has taken over, so much so, his hand settled on my stomach throughout my explanation.

"Like I said, it's just jitters."

He sighs deeply and smooths my hair with his hand. "She won't be within 30 miles of the hospital. I will make sure of it."

I smile "You can't promise that, but I appreciate the statement."

"Now, lets get some food, cause I'm hungry and if I'm hungry. You are too."

After preparing dinner, we crash on the couch, full and both with rounded bellies. "When you due?" I tease, poking his stomach.

"Not long to go now." He laughs.

"What are we watching then? Documentary? Film?"

"Let's go documentary."

"Serial killer one." I tell him.

"Seriously? I'm suppose to be the dark one in this relationship."

I shrug. "Gotta keep you on your toes."

"Your fascination keeps me alive. We watched Jeffery Dahmer yet?"

"Nope. Let's go with that one." I decide, patting the couch so Zak gets the hint to scoot in closer. As soon as he does, I grin and snuggly against his arm.

Longing for the days I used to be able to lay on him and fall asleep.

*****

It's around 2 maybe 3 am when I'm woken up with stomach cramps. Grumbling, I rub my stomach hoping baby will shift, Zak stirs and resumes the rubbing whilst I try to get comfy again, but then there is a surge.

My eyes spring apart and I grab his wrist.

"El- what's wrong?"

"Pain. Zak."

The light that floods the bedroom from his quick reactions make me hiss and hide my eyes, but I soon forget about the offending light when the pain rushes me.

"Oh god. Not cramps. Not cramps!" I panic, pulling myself up the bed.

"Not cramps? Baby?"

I nod rapidly and push off the covers. "Early. Too early."

"Well I don't know." He says rounding the bed to my side and helping me up.

I only just make it onto the tiled floor in the bathroom when there's a flush and water hits my feet.

"Well shit." I mutter, turning to see Zak looking pale. "Oh, no. Don't you dare. I need you!"

He gulps but nods his head slowly and looks up to me. "I think we need to go to the hospital now..."

"You think?!" I snap as a surge of pain comes at me again. "Oh!! It hurts! I don't want to do this!"

He laughs stupidly, but stops when I pin him with a deadly glare. "I was just going to say, it's a little late to say that now."

I shake my head and puff out a breath "You're going to pay. Maybe not now, but soon."

My warning falls flat as he helps me undress, pulls on a clean nightdress and pulls on his bathrobe around my shoulders.  By the time I've huffed and puffed to and from the bathroom, he's dressed and has the hospital bag on his shoulder.

He's calm, collected and looks amazingly hot.

Welp!

"You disgust me. Looking so cool and calm."

He grins. "Come on momma bear, it's time we meet our cub."

Reality of DarknessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara