Chapter Eight : A Dark Future

Start from the beginning

"Eros has moved to New York recently too," Ares added smirking proudly.

The goddess whose form kept flickering gasp holding her cheeks with a smile on her face. "My baby has come to visit!"

Ares immediately frowned at the goddess. Hephaestus huffed looking annoyed at the mention of Eros.

Oh, wait. I flipped to the A section of my book pointing at Aphrodite. Luke was already watching me tuning out the gods like his dad was doing. I pointed at the flickering goddess and he nodded.

At least I had Luke to keep me from getting to bored at this meeting with the book Chiron let me take. Luke and Chiron saw it as a good time for me to start learning about the different gods. It was just nice to put a name to a face. But it was fun to play a guessing game.

"No, he's here for business," Hermes responded he's blue eyes flickered to me before looking back at his phone. "Someone called for him."

There was an awkward silence as the gods took in his words. I frowned at the sudden tension confused by it. This has been happening a lot around me.

I flipped the Z section of my book. I found the name, Zeus. I poked Luke out of his trance. I pointed at the name and at the god with dark hair and blue eyes who sat in the middle of the room.

Luke nodded before looking up at the gods who seemed to snap out of whatever trance they were in.

"We don't have to worry about him." Zeus decided. "Eros tends to avoid god business. He prefers hanging out the mortals or his wife more."

"Then we will not worry about him." Athena agreed. "I am more worried about the Fates, they seem more energetic than usual."

The blonde god with earbuds simply waved Athena off with a carefree smile. "Don't worry so much Athena."

Athena sent him a glare with her steely gaze. "Apollo." I pouted. "Your Oracle has been acting up as of late as well."

Apollo frowned his sunglasses hiding his eyes. "What's that suppose to mean?"

"She has been more talkative." Mr.D agreed sighing annoyed. "Begging to be set free."

I froze looking downwards at my book. The voice of the woman in Big House rung through my ears. Was she the Oracle? She had to be she was begging for someone to set her free. It didn't help that it seemed I was the only one who could actually hear her. I glanced at Mr.D who was already looking at me. Well, I guess not the only one.

Mr.D turned back to the other gods as they seemed to spare me a quick glance before looking away. Ares shot me a confident smirk his eyes hidden by his sunglasses. Why do most of the gods wear sunglasses? It was weird especially since Apollo, the sun god, was always wearing them. Was he trying to block himself out?

I shook my head trying to get rid of those thoughts. Gods are just weird, like Aphrodite whose formed kept flickering for some reason.

I decided to look at the two last goddesses whose names I haven't discovered yet.

"The Fates are only energized during bad times." A goddess with black hair blue eyes spoke up. Unlike the other gods who wore more human clothes, she was in a silvery coat with white pants and a bow strapped to her back. She was like a warrior princess. "Like they were during the Trojan War."

The brown hair goddess that was seated next to Zeus looked annoyed. "It must be concerning the Great Prophecy." She turned to glare at Zeus who moved closer to Poseidon who was on his other side. "But considering none of you have any living children we shouldn't worry ourselves."