𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘.

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘. 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐔𝐀 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋

THE DAY OF THE LICENSING EXAMS ARRIVED QUICKLY. ayumi had gotten the explosives from hatsume mei just three days before the exam. she had been given two packages of explosive gum and a few dummies to use as practice. they had turned out so good that ayumi was sure she would make a set of rice cakes for hatsume. as for her other quirks training, ayumi - with the help of midnight - had named her two ultimate moves 'elastic prison' and 'gum slap' respectively.

overall, ayumi was feeling like a total wreck.

ayumi had not nearly gotten enough sleep as she usually would've, and she was sure that if she wasn't constantly on alert, she might pass out. she had been so stressed out the night before thinking about her new moves and the exam that she hadn't fallen asleep until around dusk. it didn't help that her fingers were constantly twitching, either. ayumi had spent the entire morning with her fists clenched to prevent anyone from seeing it.

class 1-A arrived at the tokyo site for the provisional licensing exam - the national dagoba arena. everyone held a school bag on their backs or shoulders while carrying their hero costume briefcases. ayumi stood behind kaminari after getting her hero costume out from under the bus.

"ah, i'm getting nervous!" jiro sighed out loud, clutching both of the straps of her backpack with her hands.

"i wonder what we'll have to do..." mineta said nervously as he hopped from one foot to the other. "i wonder if i can get my provisional license..."

'i hate to agree with mineta-kun, but i'm feeling the same way...!' ayumi's mind did a mental sigh as she kept a tight smile on her face. her hands clutched the handles of her costume briefcase a little tighter.

aizawa slumped over exactly ninety degrees like a ghost or something or the sort to be eye-level with the grape boy. "mineta, it's not about whether or not you can. go and get it!" he encouraged in the most flat tone possible.

"right! o-of course!" mineta stuttered, though he didn't really seem all that encouraged.

with his response, it seemed their homeroom teacher was satisfied, because he stood up to address the entire class. "if you can pass this test and get your provisional licenses, then you novice eggs will become chicks... you'll hatch into semi-pros." aizawa's face hardened for a moment and intensified his gaze to challenge them. "do your best."

excitedly, kaminari exclaimed, "alright! i'm become a chick!"

"let's all call out the usual!" kirishima announced to the class, getting ready to say their school motto. ayumi couldn't help but smile at her friends who were so consistently optimistic. she hoped she could stick with them for the entire exam. "ready, set... plus-"

"ULTRA!" kirishima yelled out, but he had been joined by another voice that scared the living daylights out of ayumi.

"eek!" she squeaked.

"you shouldn't barge into other people's huddles, inasa..." said a purple-haired boy in the same uniform.

"oh no!" the tall boy cried out. "i am... very... extremely... sorry!" inasa apologized at the top of his lungs, bowing down so low that his head hit the ground in front of him.

"oh, yoarashi-kun!" ayumi exclaimed in recognition. the boy gave her a wide smile and a quick wave of his hand to say hello.

"what's with this guy trying to get by with just his enthusiasm?!" kaminari wondered aloud.