𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐘𝐌𝐁𝐎𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄

ANXIETY FILLED THE AIR AND THICKENED IT LIKE MUTATED STARCH. a food-related simile was all that ayumi could think of while she was nervously watching the news. she liked to make stretchy foods, like rice cakes, in her spare time. jiro had stirred a bit, but it was not enough to alert the nurses. the news had been blaring with UA hate for hours, which ayumi found to be hypocritical.

'how does society turn against heroes like this in the time when they should be backing up heroes the most?' ayumi sighed to herself. 'how stupid... they do exactly what the villains would want from them...'

"and now, please watch a clip from UA high school's apology press conference that just occurred," the news reporter said.

ayumi's sandy yellow eyes snapped up to the tv screen, suddenly very alert. on the screen was her homeroom teacher aizawa, class 1-B's homeroom teacher vlad king, and principal nezu. they were all dressed in suits, even aizawa. his hair had even been combed back neatly.

'aizawa-sensei... who doesn't like the press because it interferes with his hero work... sensei is on a mass-publicized press conference...' ayumi thought to herself, shocked.

"we deeply apologize for the incident that allowed harm to come to 28 first years of the hero course because of our unpreparedness," aizawa apologized stoically. "we apologize for causing unease in society due to our negligence in properly defending ourselves as a place of learning." all three of them bowed before aizawa apologized again. "we are truly sorry."

"for what?" ayumi breathed out, her eyebrows furrowed. there was no possible way anyone could've known about the training camp and attacked them. they hadn't even been able to turn on their phones or anything, and there were a limited amount of teachers. her eyes fell onto jiro and hagakure. "there's no way we could've known..."

from the screen, an unseen reporter said, "i'm from yomiuri tv. since the beginning of the year, the UA students have had four encounters with villains. this time, there were even students injured. how did you explain to their families, and what are some specific countermeasures you are taking?"

the tone of the reporter stunned her. 'why do they sound so accusatory? shouldn't they be more focused on the way we'll eliminate the villains?' ayumi bit her lip as tears stung her eyes. 'shouldn't they care more about what they're going to do to save bakugo-kun than to continue harassing UA?'

"we will increase policing in the surrounding area and review security within the school," principal nezu answered calmly, "ensuring the students' safety with a strong position."

she tuned out the sound of the tv for a bit as her brain began to think about bakugo again. 'is he okay? is he alive? the villains took him because they wanted to recruit him... they're dumb as rocks for thinking bakugo-kun would ever join them, but have they killed him for refusing?'

ayumi's mind was simply racing with the possibilities of what bakugo could be facing. her sandy yellow eyes flitted to the window in the hospital room again. was she wrong? should she have gone to rescue bakugo? a loud sigh escaped her mouth as she slumped in her chair.

'be strong, bakugo-kun... i believe in you...'

as if the news reporters on tv could read her mind, one man stood up and began to speak, "you spoke about students' safety, eraserhead. during the incident, it appeared you urged them to fight. what was your intention behind this?"