𝐒𝐈𝐗.

𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐏

THE FESTIVAL WAS OFF TO A GREAT START. not only did the other classes not like them, but now, they hated them. it was a refreshing way to start off the sports festival, in ayumi's opinion. she was absolutely feeling at her very best tip-top condition when she could feel the intense glares from the students from class 1-B and the general studies course classes. yep. nothing could be better.

"i feel like throwing up," ayumi groaned to sero.

"well don't!" her best friend told her. "that would be bad!"

"yeah, no kidding," she snapped. the combination of the immense pressure on top of her already existing anxiety was not doing anything for her insecurity or less-than-large self-confidence.

the first event was the obstacle course race around the outer circumference of the stadium - about four kilometers total. it wasn't really the distance that ayumi was worried about. what concerned her the most was the obstacle part of the course.

"START!"

ayumi pumped her legs, sprinting into the skinny tunnel that tried to accommodate all the first year students. not unlike the cafeteria panic that happened a few days ago, ayumi was jostled in every direction. she guessed the difference this time around was that bakugo was not there to catch her if she fell and that she was stronger this time around. she had pushed herself to extend her stretch limit to 47 meters now.

as soon as she felt a cold breeze go by her legs she jumped and extended her arms past the large crowd. her hands landed on solid ground past the ice. she grabbed onto the pole that yaoyorozu momo had made and let her arms retract, flying her body above the heads of the crowd. when she saw the icy ground approaching, she arched her body and slid onto the ice, trying to carefully avoid mineta's grapes.

"obstacles have shown up suddenly!" announced present mic. "starting with the first barrier! robo inferno!"

obstacles was an understatement. sero had told her about the robots he faced during his entrance exam, but she hadn't thought they were that big.

"holy shit," she breathed out, coming to a full stop.

todoroki, without any other care in the world, blasted an icy wall at the robot and ran away as it collapsed in front of the other students and on top of others. from the fog emerged another army of robots. she let the memories of the USJ incident flood back before she smirked. 'let's do this thing.' compared to the much scarier villains and the absolute fear planted into her heart, these robots were just what they were intended to be - obstacles.

kirishima bursted out from the fallen robot, his body activating his hardening quirk. tetsutetsu tetsutetsu (the very intense pale-haired one from two weeks prior) also burst out from underneath the robot. the two had very similar quirks.

bakugou burst himself upwards with the use of his exploding quirk, and ayumi took it to her advantage. while the robot was focused completely on bakugo, she ran up and stretched up her arms to grasp the head. sero, from next to her, used his tape while tokoyami used black shadow to get on top of the robot. the overhead assault from the three of them surprised bakugo.

the three of them also descended together. ayumi extended her legs onto the ground and pulled the rest of her body down as sero used his tape, tokoyami used dark shadow to do the same, and bakugo simply jumped.