𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐁𝐈𝐙, 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘!

IT SEEMED LIKE THE PREVIOUS NIGHT'S ADVENTURE HAD BLOWN UP. the day after fujiwara ayumi had gotten her provisional hero license and apprehended a group of pickpocket villains with bakugo katsuki and todoroki shoto, interviewers from a news channel came to grab at their chance of interviewing fresh, new talent. this meant that once they had gotten permission from UA, the interviewer, the cameraman, and the boom mic man sat in front of them in the class 1-A dorm building common area after classes ended.

it was going exactly how everyone expected it to go.

"not even thirty minutes after receiving your provisional licenses, you went to work and displayed some heroics that would put heroes to shame!" the interviewer woman praised then before moving onto her question. "you must have become good friends throughout all the training you've done, right?"

bakugo, already irritated from the suggestion that he could've possibly made friends with one of his rivals, denied this immediately. "that's how it looked to you? better head to an optometrist. or a neurologist."

cooly, todoroki replied, "yes, we are friends."

"best friends," ayumi added, beaming.

"huh?! half 'n' half, you're making up shit now? when'd we become friends?!" bakugo snapped, even more irritated that todoroki would agree to them being friends.

"we spent a lot of time together during the licensing course," todoroki replied in rebuttal, adamant that they were friends.

"that ain't how it works! there's no correlation between time spent together and friendship!" bakugo rejected the claim.

"actually—" ayumi began.

"correlation?" todoroki echoed, wanting bakugo to elaborate more.

"alright, you need a brain doctor too," bakugo told todoroki, serious.

smiling through the painful question, ayumi tried her best to not pinch them both while they were being recorded. "we're best friends. more than that, even," ayumi said to the interviewer.

"i see!" the interviewer said, visibly trying not to be affected by bakugo's demeanor. "were you three scared at all while you rushed into the scene?"

"scared?! hell no!" bakugo responded.

"no, i was not scared," todoroki replied.

"we've trained long and hard to handle these kind of situations, so i wasn't scared either," ayumi answered.

"it seems like the three of you are capable of working together very fluidly!" the interviewer shifted her question to todoroki and ayumi. "seeing as you two get along so well, why don't you say some things about the other?"

"i'm not a third wheel!" bakugo snapped, seeing how the question was wired to ask about a possible romance.

"well, shoto-kun is one of the top students in our class," ayumi said. "he gets good grades and he's very proficient at using his quirk. overall, he's a very admirable student."

"for fujimi as well," todoroki nodded. "she's a good role model for other people. as for bakugo, he's also a great rival."

"well, what's not to like about him? he's heroic and really cool. not to mention, he's super good at what he does," ayumi complimented bakugo.