𝐎𝐍𝐄.

𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆

THE COOL FRESH AIR OF APRIL MEANT THE START OF A NEW ERA. this was the beginning of her time at the number one hero academy in japan. for fujiwara ayumi, it meant that she would be able to develop her seemingly-mundane quirk into an impressively powerful weapon. ayumi had high hopes for UA, and she hoped that she could become a hero that people could look up to through her own merits.

"okaa-san, oto-san, i'm leaving!" ayumi called out into the house, picking up her school bag and two onigiris from the kitchen on her way out. her younger sister, who attended school much closer to their home than UA, was still sleeping. (she was only a little envious.)

"study hard!" her mom responded. fujiwara rina, formerly tobita rina, was a pro hero named 'bubblegum' for her ability (rubber) to give any non-living matter properties of rubber. she was the matriarch of the household and a real stickler on duties and responsibilities.

"have fun!" her dad laughed, only to let out a soft, "ow! what, you don't want her to have fun?" afterwards. fujiwara joji was a pro hero named retainer for his ability (retain) to maintain any material's physical properties and hold it. he considered the best way of living was to enjoy everything he did, which was something he always told his daughters.

her parents had both met at UA many years ago. they were both a part of the support course of their respective years (her mom was a third year in class 3-H when her dad was a first year in class 1-G) when her dad went to her mom for help on a project. her mom blew up a prototype for a support item she was making for a hero course student and her dad helped her rebuild it using his quirk. their love pretty much blossomed from there. they had two daughters, ayumi and kiyoko, and lived next door to pro hero kamui woods.

ayumi quite liked the love story between her parents, but she wasn't going to UA to find love. instead, she was hoping that maybe all the hard work could eventually build up to making her into a good hero. ever since she had manifested her quirk and found the incredibly baffling limits to her quirk, ayumi had been training her body to go beyond. her childhood hero was all might, who inspired her to become a hero.

she looked down at her arms as she walked down the street to the next neighborhood where her best friend lived. they were safely covered by the grey blazer of the UA uniform, but underneath, her peachy skin was littered with white lines - stretch marks - all along her body.

it was the thing she liked the least about her quirk. it marked up her skin in every way possible, leaving her mortally embarrassed of such a drawback on a quirk that wasn't flashy at all. it was mortifying to think that she would have to deal with people pointing it out every time she used it. instead of the usual black/grey socks that covered her calves, she opted for thigh-high ones to cover as much as she could.

"fujimi!"

her pale golden eyes wandered over to the voice, falling upon her best friend ever since her first year of junior high. "good morning, sero-kun," she greeted cheerfully, handing him the extra onigiri she took on the way out and accepting the small carton of banana milk he gave her.

sero hanta looked the same as he ever had. it was the same dark, almond-shaped eyes with his neck-length jet black mullet and playful smile. it usually came with the standard teasing comments, a protective-brother attitude, and a loosely competitive aura. this was her best friend sero.

they both bit into their food held in one hand with their milk in the other hand, excited for a bright day ahead. while ayumi had gotten into UA through connections her parents had (their next-door neighbor and family friend kamui woods), sero had taken the entrance exam and gotten in.