The Winter Border

Eternal winter.

That's all they ever knew. In any way you turn, pure white powder and dangling icicles will be all you'll be able to find. Many will guarantee find it uninteresting, that is, unless you're a Winter Fairy.

Flora worthy of the harsh cold air were suddenly pushed by a small breeze. Little particles of golden fairy dust coming from the speeding fairy made a trail on the petals, leaves and snow behind. The young fairy had skin as fair as Snow White, and hair of elegant platinum blonde. Following after him, were a burrow of white coated bunnies.

" Come, little bunnies. Chase me if you can! " the fairy coaxed, looking back at them. His encouragement gave the adorable animals a boost, and they hopped further and faster, determined to overtake the fairy. The fairy gave them a smile, but gave himself a boost. Now that they've grown, he won't be going easy on them this time.

They raced till they reached a big tree. The leaves were long gone and replaced with shiny icicles dangling off of the snow covered branches. The trunk of the tree was blanketed with frost, making the big tree an embodiment of winter itself like the trees surrounding it. The fairy zoomed into a little entrance at the bottom of the tree, leading them into it.

The tree was hollow. Inside of it was the place for Winter Fairies to practice their magic, and a few even lived within said tree. The young fairy giggled as he watched the bunnies slow to a stop in front of him, exhausted from the race.

" Well played, bunnies! You've gotten better. Next time, try to catch my feet when you're closing in on me, " he praised, earning odd glances from the bunnies. He pat one on their fluffy head. " Oh, come now. Don't look at me like that. You're growing, and I can't baby you forever. "

" Ice! "

The Winter Fairy turned around to see his friend flying towards him to greet him. He waved him over happily. " Hey, Quake! "

Quake, an Icicle fairy with light bluish-white hair landed softly on the ground next to Ice with a soft smile. A bunny hopped forward and immediately greeted the fairy. Quake hugged its head affectionately. " How was their morning run, Cub? " he asked, planting a little kiss on Ice's cheek.

" They're getting better everyday. They might overtake me one day with those strong hind legs of theirs, " Ice replied, boop-ing his nose with a bunny. Quake chuckled.

" I'm glad. Come, let's get them some breakfast and send them back to their mother. Thunder said he would be waiting for us at the frozen lake. "

.............

After sending the bunnies back into their homes, Quake and Ice made their quick way to the frozen lake, where their biggest 'brother' was patiently waiting on the top of it. They were oddly surprised there were no fairies skating on the frozen lake.