The Next Visit

"Almighty Queen, why am I so dumb!"

In different rooms, separated from each other, Leaf and Solar scolded themselves furiously. Leaf was on the floor with his back against his bedroom door, knees brought to his chest and he was rocking himself in attempt to comfort himself.

"I was so distracted and so nervous...." Leaf whined, tears of self-pity forming in his eyes.

Solar fell face first onto his bed, groaning and grumbling into the blanket. He used his fists to hit the bed, his legs thrashing about. "I was so all over the place...."

Both fairies cried out in frustration. "...That I had completely forgotten to tell him that I was his Rose!!"

Solar yelled into his pillow. "Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

Leaf hid his face in his hands, stomping his feet on the wooden floor. "Why...." Leaf sighed, parting his fingers so his eyes can see. "There's no way that I'll be able to tell him now..."

"I used every ounce of my bravery that I could muster into yesterday.... How am I going to tell him now..." Solar was facing the ceiling, looking at the lights above him. He huffed, "I don't think I'll be able to..."

Solar was disappointed in himself, though he knew he couldn't turn back time. What's done is done, there was no point in crying over spilled milk. Still, Solar couldn't help but feel a slight tug on his heart for his careless mistake. "I just hoped he liked my gift..."

Someone knocked on his bedroom door. "Solar? Are you ready? We'll be heading out soon!" Solar sat up on his bed, looking at the door. That's right, they has plans with the Winter fairies today. A very important day. He took a deep breath, recollecting his thoughts.

"Almost ready. I'll be right there," replied the Summer fairy.

"Alright, be quick. Cyclone wants everything to go well for this day." Solar watched at the shadow of fluttering wings disappeared from his doorstep. He sighed, his body relaxing. He got out of bed and fixed himself in the mirror. He stopped for a second, catching a glimpse of his underused wings under his jacket. He contemplated for a while, but quickly regained his composure when someone called for him outside.

He dusted off his jacket and tugged at his gloves. He took another breath before walking out of his hut. He saw all his friends gathered at the centre of their small personal village, a contraption sitting in the middle of the group. Cyclone noticed him and waved at him, making others look at him too.

"Hey, Solar. Come on, we need your help pushing this thing to the border!"

Seeing his friends together seemed to ease Solar, and he easily managed a smile. He hopped down from his doorstep and jogged towards them. He suddenly made eye contact with Leaf, both fairies sent each other sweet grins.

"Okay, we're ready. You sure they'll have ice big enough for this thing?" Gopal questioned.

"I'm confident that they will," Cyclone provided. "Thank you guys so much for helping us. We couldn't have done it without your help."

Gopal, Yaya and Ying smiled. "That's what friends are for. Thank you too for sharing such an important secret with us." Cyclone smiled at them, he looked at the contraption in front of them, admiring their work.

"Let's head off now. I told them to meet us in about 20 minutes," he said. His friends nodded and started to move the machine out of their little village towards the Winter border.

...........

Thunder and Ice poked their heads out from the tree, checking if the coast is clear. They quickly fluttered towards the border when they saw no one else. They waited at the giant log and Ice was vibrating with excitement.