Secret Revealed

Thunder didn't let go of Cyclone. He just held him tight, for two reasons. First was that his love was in distress. His beloved snowflake was crying and hugging him just as tightly. Who was he to not comfort him?

He wouldn't have cared about anything else in the world, if it weren't for the second reason why he hugged his love so tightly. He was trying to buy himself time, buy both of them time. He hoped that if they stayed like that forever, they wouldn't need to explain their glowing wings to their brothers.

He didn't realize his hands were starting to tremble from the anxiety, he subconsciously gripped onto Cyclone's hair and vest tighter, and buried his face in his shoulders.

Cyclone stopped his tears as soon as he felt the strong grip. His love buried lowered his face into the crook of his neck, as if to hide it from the people watching them. Cyclone glanced at their sparkling wings, and realized the situation. He subtly hugged Thunder more, hoping to ease his nerves.

Leaf and Solar had their eyes fixated, their mouths agape. They couldn't believe what they were seeing. The Soul Wings phenomenon, right in front of their eyes. Solar softly shook Leaf, a smile forming on his face. "Leaf... Leaf, look... It's the Soul Wings..."

Leaf glanced at Solar, then back at the couple ahead of them. "The fairy who saved me is.... Cyclone's Soulmate?"

Quake and Ice's reactions were no different. They both let their wings rest and drop them to the snowy ground. Quake put a hand on Ice's starstruck form, sighing in awe. "It's so beautiful....." Normally, Ice would be excited. He thought he would get excited, but now that he's witnessing it, he could not help but stare at them in amazement.

Blaze could feel both feelings. The excitement and awe of the fairies who don't know, and the slight nervousness and anxiety of the couple. He didn't know what to feel, but if there were to be any fuss, he would step in to defend them. So, he took the first step onto the log.

"Cyclone..." he softly called, as to not startle them. His tactic was successful, and they both started to slowly loosen their embrace. Thunder didn't meet his gaze and only stared at the ground. Blaze could see the fear in his eyes.

Cyclone eventually turned to face Blaze, and tried to give him a best smile he could give. But Blaze could only see that he was smiling to try to convince himself, and to try to reassure Blaze. Blaze had almost never seen him smile so sadly before. Blaze tried to give him the reassuring smile they both deserved.

Cyclone took Blaze's hand in his, keeping his other hand firmly intertwined with Thunder's slightly trembling one. He gave his love a glance, "We can't hide it anymore, honey."

Thunder sighed, and nodded. He gripped Cyclone's hand, signalling him that he's ready. He slowly turned to Quake and Ice, who waited patiently on the snow covered ground. He gestured them to move towards him with a lift of his free hand.

Quake ushered Ice forward before moving with him. Ice shook his head and stared into nothingness with confusion. He couldn't ignore the constant flashing at the corner of his eyes. The more he walks towards Thunder, the brighter it got.

"You guys don't see lights flashing at the corner of your eyes?" he couldn't help but question.

The fairies in front of him looked confused. "Maybe it's just the glow reflecting, Ice," Thunder gently suggested.

"No."

They turned to Blaze, whose eyes looked just as confused as Ice's. "No, I see it too." Blaze turned to Ice, the shine in his eyes intensifying. He gasped. "Your eyes-"

Everyone turned to Ice, Thunder moving to check Ice's eyes for anything wrong with them. Thunder's own eyes widened. Ice's orange irises was brighter than he had ever seen them. There were patterns decorated on them like diamonds and crystals. On his eyelashes were little sprinkles of sparkles.