Healed (FINALE)

It was silent.

After the final wave of winter storm, all there was, was just an eerie silence. The Summer fairies in cover slowly exited the covered tree hole, their home was once colorful, but now it was just in white, some particles of snow stuck in place in the air.

Thunder, Quake and Ice appeared into view from the bottom, Solar and Leaf in their arms.

Cyclone and Blaze spotted them and ran towards them. They engulfed the two younger fairies in tight hugs, sobbing and brawling. They were relieved, shaken by the immense adrenaline and shock they had experienced.

"Oh my god, I was so scared..." Cyclone sobbed, hugging them tight. When they broke the hug, they noticed Solar's wings. Sniffing, Cyclone's eyes widened. "Your.. your wings.."

Solar took a second to process it all, he looked at his wings, they were indeed out and sparkling. This was the first time he's ever used them ever since the accident. He'd forgotten they looked like this. He took a shaky breath, he squeezed Leaf's hand tight and suddenly embraced the Nature fairy.

Leaf was surprised, his expression somehow saddened, he slowly moved to return the hug, rubbing comforting circles on Solar's back.

The Higher fairies of the Summer border observed their home. It was as they feared. The one thing they swore to prevent, because of them, it ended up happening. The Mistress of Winter stood by their side, just her presence there alone eased their heartbreak just a slight bit.

The fairies looked at their fairy dust fountain, hope in their eyes. But when there was no sign of fairy dust, everyone was silent in shame and sadness.

The fairy dust was no more.

The Winter fairies stood silently, regretful that they couldn't save the Sacred Tree. Thunder stood not far from the fairy dust fountain, saying a silent apology to the precious tree. A clothed hand intertwined with his, beside him was Cyclone.

The Wind fairy wore a sad smile, tear trails visible on his face. Thunder just sighed, tightening his grip on his hand. I'm sorry.

Blaze and Ice stood together, it was silent, but with each other's presence,  no words were enough for once.

The silence was excruciatingly long, tearful, remorseful.

Just then, there was a rumble. It was hard to miss, it was something from the tree. Everyone was suddenly attentive, looking for the source of the sound.

Suddenly the tree was shaking. The rumbling increased. Before any of them could register anything, a sudden burst of golden flew out of the fountain. Golden and shining fairy dust started flowing back out into the fairy dust lakes like a waterfall.

The Summer border started to thaw, the sun returning to shine down on all of them. The Summer border was colorful once more. Back at the Winter border, another lake of fairy dust was filled at the same time.

The fairies were elated and started cheering happily. They danced around the fairy dust fountain, replenishing the dust on their wings. Cyclone, Blaze, Leaf and Solar cried tears of joy. Cyclone and Blaze took off their jackets and coats, joining the other fairies in celebration.

Solar was beyond happy. Now that he wasn't so afraid to use his wings anymore, he could finally experience flying again. He pulled Leaf's hand, "Leaf, come on!"

Solar was confused when Leaf didn't run with him. Leaf always ran with him, no matter where he went. The Light fairy turned back to him. "Leaf?"

That was when he realized, Leaf was not happy. Leaf looked close to bursting into tears again. Solar began to worry, desperately wondering what's wrong. "Butterfly, what's wrong?"