Sleds!

Quake led them along a path away from the places many Winter fairies would normally hang around. He and Ice flew in a slow pace as to not overtake the Summer fairies whose wings were tucked in their jackets.

"If you don't mind me asking, Quake. What did you mean by 'extra company'?" Cyclone asked as he treaded in the thick snow beneath them. Quake turned to him with a friendly smile.

"We had to ask for some help from two of our friends. Don't worry though, they know how to keep a secret," he explained. Cyclone nodded. They advanced a few minutes more till they saw two figures at the edge of a little cliff. Quake reached his hand out and gave them a big wave.

"Kaizo, Fang!" The two figures turned to their direction, handsome smiles appearing on their faces when they saw them walking over. Fang crossed his arms as he approached Quake, "About time you guys got here. We're already nearly done setting up the sleds."

Quake chuckled. "Thanks again, Fang. We couldn't have done it without you and Kaizo."

Fang shrugged. "Anything for you."

Quake gave him another smile before turning to Cyclone who was beside him. "Fang, Kaizo, these are the fairies we told you guys about. Meet Cyclone, Blaze, Leaf and Solar."

Kaizo gave them a nod. "It's good to finally meet you. Thunder, Quake and Ice have been telling stories about the lot of you for a few nights now," he said as he shook Cyclone's gloved hand. Cyclone respectfully shook back.

"H-have they really?" he couldn't help but ask.

"Wouldn't stop mentioning you. Especially Thunder, surprisingly. I honestly don't think he realizes that he talks a lot when it's about something he likes," Fang sighed. Cyclone turned a little red at that, his little brothers snickering as they seemed to notice.

"Alright then. Let's not keep the lad waiting on his date then. The sleds are ready to go, Quake," Kaizo informed. Quake nodded and thanked the older fairy. He told them to go ahead while he explained some things to the Summer fairies.

"These are called sleds. Thunder was chipping about on some ice and made them one day. He sketched the design out on a blue-leaf print and worked together with Fang and Kaizo to make them into these. Since then, we've been using them to get around. So, now," Quake gestured to one of the sleds. "We'll show you how to use them."

The younger Summer fairies got excited and immediately started to board the sleds. The Winter fairies made sure to brief them on the safety precautions before they got carried away. Quake and Ice agreed to let Cyclone and Blaze take the front seats to give them the experience first-hand.

Leaf let Solar get the front seat and he settled behind the younger comfortably. Getting used to the unusual cold sensation as he sat, Leaf subconsciously wrapped his arms around Solar's waist, making the overly excited fairy jolt to a stop. Solar's eyes were wide as Leaf's arms curled around his padded waist and secured his hands at his stomach, his mind going blank as he felt a burning sensation overheat his cheeks. He dared not move, sucking in a breath when he felt a chin rest on his shoulder, familiar green eyes and brown hair next to him.

He dared a glimpse, and was overcome by the beauty he witnessed as he stared at Leaf's relaxed and excited face looking around in awe, his eyes sparkling more than usual. It was the prettiest and most adorable sight Solar had ever seen. He stared at Leaf's cherry lips that were a little pale from the cold, puffs of breath exiting from it.

"Solar? Solar. What's up?"

A familiar voice singsonged into his mind, reading him from his daydream. He blinked and saw Leaf staring at him with the most adorable puppy eyes, innocent in them. "Why are you staring at me? Is there something on my face?" he asked.