Die Young...

Aurelie's P.O.V.

The sound of the wind whistling in my ear interrupted my thoughts. Winter was finally here and I wasn't ready for it.

It was a Saturday morning and I had decided on sneaking out of the house at the crack of dawn to meet Nicos at the cabin.

Although I didn't have much choice, after the news he told me over the phone a few days ago. I was deciding not to avoid him anymore and I was hoping that I wouldn't regret my decision.

I was looking out onto the lake behind his cabin, it had a thin sheet of ice on it. I walked toward the edge of the lake my bones stiff from the coldness.

The sound of footsteps behind me caught my attention. Nicos came into view with a large blanket and gloves. He wrapped it around me and handed me the gloves.

We stood in silence for what seemed like forever before he left me be. I walked back toward the porch the frozen grass crunching under my boots.

I sat down on the cold wooden bench that was centered on the left side of the cabin. The sound of the door creaking open revealed Nicos.

I avoided his stare and moved over and patted down the spot next to me. When he didn't move I stood up and walked his way in anger.

"Why are so upset" he said inches from me. "Don't ask you know why" I yelled backing away from him.

I teleported into the cabin but of course Nicos made it there first. He looked like he had been there for ages his feet propped up in the chair.

I finally began to break I rested my head in my hands. The sound of Nicos voice calmed me but I was still upset. "You'll be fine" he stated. "I won't be" I said to him lifting my head.

"I'm going to die"