Non-Blood Consumer

Aurelie's P.O.V.
The day seemed long and never ending. I had been catching flying knives all day. Nicos had been pushing me harder than usual.

And I'm started to think it's because of our sticky situation. It's been 2 weeks since we slept together and I've really been trying to forget the whole thing.

I figured if we acted like it never happened it would go away. Guess I was wrong Nicos had been acting colder than usual.

I probably should have given him an explanation but I'm not good at expressing romantic feelings.

My thoughts were interrupted by a piercing pain in my right leg. One of the silver throwing knives impelled my calf.

I turned around to see Nicos twisting a second knife in his hands. "What the hell" I said to him. "You weren't paying attention" he said walking toward me.

We were deep in the forest practicing my slow speeding skills or at least that's what he calls them. "So this is how you get it" I said shifting my weight to my left leg.

I rested myself on a near by rock I wasn't in pain but I was still pissed. "Your not hurting-- are you" he asked. "I haven't felt much pain in weeks now" I answered.

"Well then your almost half way there then" he said sitting down next to the rock. "I'm almost where" I asked? "Once you devlop all your abilities no one will ever be able to harm you again" he said.

"That's if I make it that far-- no one has tried to kill me this week but they'll be back" I said. "And when they do you"ll be ready-- now pull that knife out and let's get back working" he said getting up.

I stood up from the rock and  ripped the metal weapon out making blood pour. In an attempt to stop the flow I put my hand over the bloody wound.

After a couple of minutes the wound was sealed and the only trace of it every existing was my torn pants and bloody hand. "Okay I'm ready" I said. He responded by throwing a three sided blade my way.

Instead of waiting for it to come to me I lunged at it. My body soared through the air effortlessly I made it to the knife a second after Nicos released his grasped on it.

"Now that was goddess speed" he said. "Thanks" I said dropping the knife to the ground. Our practice was cut short when thundered roared in the sky and lighting flickered in the clouds.

We made it back to the cabin just before the rain started. We returned to Annie and Mason cuddling on the couch with not many clothes on.

I wasn't that surprised since they had been attached at the hip for weeks now. They both scrambled around to find their clothes before explaining.

"Hey I thought you guys would be gone for another hour" Annie stated slipping her neon shirt over her head. "The storm-- so we came back early" I said

"We didn't hear anything" Mason stated. "Yeah I wonder why's that" Nicos said smirking. "Anyway were gonna go for a walk" Annie said walking toward the back door.

Still putting his clothes in order Mason followed behind her. "Wow, that was interesting" I said making my way to the kitchen.

"Tell me about it" Nicos said. I hadn't eaten anything since yesterday morning but I wasn't exactly hungry.

I had a craving for something but I didn't know what. I opened the silver maytag fridge to find a half eaten pb&j and some old guacamole.

"Why haven't we gone grocery shopping" I whined. "Your the only one who needs food to sustain energy" Nicos said laughing.

"I'm hungry but-- not for regular food something different" I stated. "How about some blood, I can get some O negative" he said.

"Nicos I don't drink-- blood" I stated. "You will have to eventually" he said. "Why a part of me is still human" I said finally closing the fridge. "Everyday the human part of you is being taken over by the supernatural part" he stated.

"I'll never drink human blood-- trust me" I stated.