Trusting Hybrids

Aurelie's P.O.V.
I've done it again. I've made a mistake again. How many times will this happen to me before I learn. A day has passed since Nicos and I took things a little too far.

And it's all I ever think about and not in the good way. So I've been trying my best to avoid him for 6 hours but with Annie avoiding me I have no one to talk to.

The only other person is Mason. And though he isn't my favorite I'm out of options. I make my way downstairs hoping Nicos is still out making errands.

Unfortunately for me he wasn't. "Where you going" he asked? "Out for a walk-- just fresh air" I said trying my best to slow down my lying heart rate. "You can't go out wandering by yourself" he stated.

"I was going to ask Mason to take me" I said. "Uh-- well I think his outback with Annie" he said. I debated on which was worst ask Nicos and have to confront our sleeping together problem or apologize to Annie so I could talk to Mason.

I ended up going to the backyard as seeing it wasn't as worst as my other choice. They didn't seem to acknowledge my presence at first but when it was I got a piercing stare from Annie.

She vanished in a blink of an eye probably to her room. "Did you need something" Mason asked? "Your taking me for a walk" I said making my way back around to the front.

"I think I should stay here with Annie for emotional support-- she stills pretty upset" he stated. "I wasn't asking that question was rhetorical" I said pulling him toward the woods.

"Weren't you almost killed in these woods" he said lagging behind me. "Why does it matter"I spat. "Forget I asked-- so why are we walking" he said to me. "I needed to clear my head" I said trudging through.

"I'm guessing it about you and Nicos sleeping together" he said. "How-- what-- I don't know what you're talking about"I stuttered out. "I'm not dumb his scent is sticking to you stronger than usual and well the tension was a red flag" he said.

"Well good job on your sniffing skills wolf" I said. "Hey don't be angry at me seems like you should be happy Annie says you haven't had a love life in almost two years" he said. "Annie told you that" I asked? "Um-- well yeah" he said.

"Well did she tell you why" I asked? "No I didn't ask" he stated. "I lost my kid he lived for 45 minutes after his birth-- so I wasn't exactly in the mood for a boyfriend" I said tears threatening to spill.

"I'm so sorry I didn't know-- I didn't mean to bring anything up" he said. "It's fine -- I don't usually just come out and tell people that" I said wiping my eyes.

"Well I guess I'm different you can tell me anything-- just remember that" he said pulling me into a hug. "Thanks--but we should probably head back" I said ending the embrace.

"Of course your gonna teleport us I hope because I have no idea where we are" he said. "Well I guess I could try-- just hold on" I said giving him my hand. All went well after we made it back home.

Nicos and I actually had a conversation that lasted more than 5 seconds. And although we didn't address the problem it was still nice. But the only person I really wanted to talk to was Annie. So I knocked on her room door not waiting for her to answer, I walked in.

She and Mason were cuddling in the bed which was a bit surprising since I had no idea they were together. "Give us a minute" I said to Mason. Once he was gone I began my apology.

"Annie forgive me-- I didn't mean what I said-- you have to know I didn't" I stated. "I don't think the dead can accept forgiveness" she said. "Annie please I need you to accept my apology" I said to her.

"And if I don't" she said getting up from the bed. "A girl needs her best friend to live-- so without I'll be lost"I said. "It's hard to forgive someone you thought you could trust"she said.

"I know-- I'm sorry-- just please" I was planning on saying something else but before I could I was pulled into a hug. So we stood there for a moment before she released me.

"Now that we're good what's this I hear about you and Nicos" she asked.

Mason's P.O.V.
I'm getting way too attached. I've avoided them and tried not making relationships but it's too late. They all trust me now Nicos, Annie and finally Aurelie.

I knew she would be hard to convince but I didn't expect this. My time is almost at an end and I need to focus.

Preparation is everything.