I don't usually kill--but...

Aurelie's P.O.V.

After my emotional falling out about Athena's pregnancy I decided I wanted to go home. But then I remembered I didn't have one anymore. Faking my death was one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

I still hadn't gotten down to the bottom of why Nicos had me "die" in a car accident. He was avoiding the subject on purpose. But maybe asking him at a later time would be for the best. 

I missed my family so much regardless of how they treated me, but there was nothing I could do about it . Athena left without saying goodbye, which was kinda hurtful. But then again I didn't want to see her. Nicos claimed that he had a nice place for me to live and lay low.

We left the old motel and headed toward his car. Once in the car I felt like I should finally confront Nicos about some unanswered questions. So much for a later time. 

"So where we're  you during the car accident" I said to him sternly. "I uh-- left" he said starting the car up.

The sound of the engine interrupted my comeback leaving my mouth half open. "Why would you do that" I said trying my best to stay calm.

"Look I wasn't planning the accident but it was the perfect opportunity-- I had no idea a truck would make me swerve off the road" he said backing out of the motel parking lot. "I wanted to wait--" I said chocking back tears.

He looked at me sympathetically. "I still had time!" I yelled to him. "Time to do what" he spat back at me. His words silenced me for a moment but I wasn't done.

"I wanted to say goodbye" I whispered. "I'm sorry" he stated. "Well sorry is not gonna cut it this time" I said.

"Forgive me" he said. I rejected his apology by hitting the radio button. We were now on a empty road and the only thing I had seen in 20 miles was a abandoned farm. Meaning I was going to live in the middle of nowhere for eternity.

We pulled into a open field and the car jerked to a stop. "Where are we now" I said annoyed. "Home" he said getting out the car. I had no choice but to follow him out into the stupid field. I slammed the car door and stomped my way to Nicos side.

"Drop the attitude" he yelled at me. "You gonna make me" I said to him taking a step closer. He looked down at me with annoyance in his eyes. "I can't" he said "Can't what" I said. "Stop being angry with me" he said softly. The look on his face told me how hurt he was but I couldn't forgive him after everything.

"You ruined my life-- I died last week" I said but he just ignored me. Instead he just walked around the field rustling through the grass as if he lost something. "What you just gonna ignore me now-- what are you looking for" I said to him as he moved farther away.

"Nicos  just tell me what really happened I can handle it" I stated. "You don't need to know everything" he said still walking away. "If you don't tell me this I'm done with you-- I mean it" I said trying to sound convincing. He huffed in frustration and used his super speed to make his way back toward me. He was so close, why was he so close.

 Are noses touched for a second and I was almost sure he would kiss me. But he didn't he just took a step back after that awkward almost kiss. "The human part of you died, I had no intention of that happening" he said. I took in a deep breathe before stating my response. "So am I not human, what does this mean" I asked? 

"Your human part was going to be devoured by your supernatural part anyway, you would've lost your human life sooner or later" he said.  I gently sat down on the grassy ground trying to take it all in. I was no longer human but it didn't feel that way at all. 

"Your body may still feel human but in  a couple months that feeling will be gone forever-- so enjoy it while it lasts" he said reaching his hand out to me. I grabbed it and lifted my body up and dusted the pasture off my pants. 

"But my heart still beats" I said placing my hand over my chest. "You have the powers of every supernatural being, we aren't all heartless beast" he stated. How ironic for him to say. "So I'll be immortal soon" I said. " Soon enough but we should get going" he said looking around the ground. 

"Found it" he said.  I met him in the middle of the grassland to see what was so important.  At first I didn't see anything but then he began to remove the rubbish out of the way and revealed a metal cap built into the ground with a handle on top. "What is that" I said.

He pulled up on the handle revealing a hole full of darkness. "I'm not going down there" I protested. "Fine stay out here" he said dropping down into the hole. "Wait" I whined. I took two deep breathes and threw my self into the dark hole.

"Nicos" I called out. The lights flickered on and I could see a long hallway that seemed to be endless. Nicos appeared in front of me making me jump backwards. "Why are you so annoying" I said to him. "Why are you such a brat" he spat back at me.

Which actually hurt but I guess I deserved that. "Why do you hate me" I asked him seriously as he moved down the empty hallway. "I don't-- it's actually the total opposite" he said just above a whisper.

I automatically caught on to what he meant and a smile spread across my face. "Are you confessing your love to me" I said in a sarcastic voice. He ignored me and took a left down the long hallway that actually wasn't endless.

"So this is where we're gonna live" I said with fake excitement. "Look once we fix it up-- it'll be perfect, I promise" he said. We walked through the vast underground building for what seemed like hours. "Where are we going"

I said as we took a right turn that led to a door. "Found it" he said ignoring my question. He opened the door and went inside which forced me to follow. Once inside I saw someone I never thought I would see again someone I thought was dead.

He stood at the window even though it didn't look out onto anything. It's was basically a window covered with black spray. He turned around at the sound of us entering but it was no need for me to see his face for I knew who he was. "Aurelie" the familiar stranger said. I turned to Nicos and pushed him as hard as I could. "What the heck" I yelled.

"Calm down let me explain" Nicos pleaded. "Why do you have my attacker from the alley" I yelled at him. "We need him" he said looking at the stranger. "No we don't" I said. "My name is Mason" he said interrupting Nicos and I. "Shut up" I spat. "Look I was going to kill him but he does have use to us" Nicos stated.

"What kind of use" I said trying to ignore the presence of Mason. "He is the brother of a powerful hybrid leader" he said. "So" I said confused. "He was sent by his brother" Nicos stated. "More useless information" I said backing out of the room.

"Wait" Mason said pulling back. "Don't" Nicos said flicking his hands away. "Look I just wanna leave" I said to them. "No" Nicos said" I groaned and entered the room. "If you want your real attacker to die then let me live" Mason said seriously.

"You expect me to believe you just changed sides-- and want to betray your brother" I said. "Yes-- I want him to die" he said. I looked to Nicos and he nodded his head with approval. 

"So then he is already a dead man" I said