Monsters don't love

Aurelie's P.O.V.

After a long night of thundering the sunlight streamed into my room indicating the morning. I rolled out of my bed my body still heavy with sleep.

But rest wasn't needed it was a privilege or at least that's what Nicos tells me. So I slipped into some joggers and went to meet him in the forest for another day of hard training.

So far I have acquired almost all my important abilities. The only thing I'm really waiting for is the eyesight of a vampire. "What took you so long" Nicos asked just as arrived.

"I was tired" I responded meeting him by a tree. He ignored my excuse grabbing my hand. I was confused at first but figured it was a start to some weird exercise.

"What are we doing" I asked. "Today's exercise has to do with embracing your inner vampire" he stated. "What do you mean by that" I asked?

"A little fang practice" he said. "I don't have fangs nor do I need them" I said pulling away from his grip.

"Stop being in denial your human days are over-- and your immortal ones are beginning" he stated.

"Just because I'm immortal doesn't mean I've lost my humanity" I said to him.

"Okay maybe another day, let's practice eyesight then" he said. "That sounds good" I said. "Now look around and tell me what you see" he said.

The trees were still soaked from last night's storm, water dripped from the tip of the leaves onto to the ground creating huge puddles.

"Wet trees, a couple of puddles" I answered. "Beyond your human eyes-- look harder" he stated. "A grasshopper" I said pointing to a near by rock.

"Actually look, I want you to be able to see more than a grasshopper look beneath that" he said seriously. I took in a deep breathe and squinted my eyes scanning the damp forest.

My vision began to blur as I tried harder. I was ready to give up when everything slowed and zoomed in. It was like I could see inside the ground beneath my feet.

Under it was an entire new world. Things I could never see before even fossils. I was fascinated.

Everything I thought I could see before was nothing compared to what I could see now. After another day of training and I was happy to be back at the cabin.

I hadn't spent much time with Annie. Before Mason came into the picture we were attached at the hip. The cabin of course was empty when we got there.

Ever since we walked in on Annie and Mason getting a little intimate they've been doing it other places. If you know what I mean. So I was once again stuck with Nicos.

Alone.

I wasn't quite sure where my feelings for him stood. For me it was more about pleasure than anything else. For him I think it was something different.

Though Nicos may hate to admit he feels something for me that's isn't mutual. I can tell just by they way he looks at me, how he feels. It's the same way my ex Nick did. After that relationship ended I was positive I was never going to love again.

Nicos although he is beautiful, isn't my type. He's a century old hybrid that has killed more people than he can count through out the years. He isn't the monster he was. But that doesn't change the beast that still lives inside of him.

He won't be able to run from it forever. One day the evil deep down inside will show itself once again. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but it will. And monsters don't have lovers. If they do the ending won't turn out like beauty and beast.

But more like a Horror Story.

______________________________
Xoxo Jannae W.
Vote, comment, & like!🌟😇
Sorry for late update